Jump to content

Help


Just_Ren
 Share

Recommended Posts

My parents are homophobic, I'm 14 and trans, He/him, I cant come out to them, I dont want to be seperated from society... What do I do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

_Cyrus_ was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 10 points.

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

My parents are homophobic, I'm 14 and trans, He/him, I cant come out to them, I dont want to be seperated from society... What do I do?

I'm gonna tag some mentors @Monsoon@Daisie@Blondie

If I may ask a question, what makes u think they're homophobic? Some parents are more understanding if its their own children, but if its not safe then u might not wanna come out till ur living on ur own.

What do u think they'd do to remove u from society?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My dad has said he thinks being gay is a mental disease, also my parents are really mean and strict...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Marc said:

My dad has said he thinks being gay is a mental disease, also my parents are really mean and strict...

Damn- I'm sorry dude

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My mom wont let me cut my hair and they wont buy me boyish clothes... :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marc said:

My mom wont let me cut my hair and they wont buy me boyish clothes... :(

Shit, they are super strict-

Hmmmmm, for me I had discussed with my parents (They're homophobic as well) that some of the "boyish" clothes females wear as well, it eased their minds a bit to where I could buy some. I also cut my own hair about 2-3 weeks ago I think? Anyways, if ur not able to buy the boyish clothes or cut ur hair, try & have hope for the future & that their minds will ease up a bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to try to get some new clothes. My mom said if I cut my own hair she would seperate me from society and it would be 4 years for me to wait until I can do what I want... Thats a long time...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marc said:

I would like to try to get some new clothes. My mom said if I cut my own hair she would seperate me from society and it would be 4 years for me to wait until I can do what I want... Thats a long time...

Damn-

 

1 minute ago, Marc said:

Im also already kind of losing hope...

Don't lose all hope, they'll either ease up before u move out or after

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks I guess... I dont know what to do until then. In all honesty, I hate my parents... they are just bullied and treat me like an enslaved piece of trash...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Marc said:

Thanks I guess... I dont know what to do until then. In all honesty, I hate my parents... they are just bullied and treat me like an enslaved piece of trash...

Shit man I get that,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

XD the thing is, I dont even have a phone, I dont have social media, im not supposed to be on here since this is a school computer... I cant trust anyone...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Marc said:

XD the thing is, I dont even have a phone, I dont have social media, im not supposed to be on here since this is a school computer... I cant trust anyone...

Ngl I don't got a phone either (I have a tablet💀), I'm on a school computer as well lmao, & damn man felt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, Marc said:

My parents are homophobic, I'm 14 and trans, He/him, I cant come out to them, I dont want to be seperated from society... What do I do?

Hi @Marc, welcome to the community. I'm Aurora and I'm one of the support mentors at Ditch the Label. It's great to have you here 😀

I've seen that @_Kai_ has already been giving you some good advice. I also saw that you wrote us a message in confidential support, which I've replied to. If you would like some more support then you can get back to me in confidential support. Take care 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 7:58 PM, Just_Ren said:

Im also already kind of losing hope...

trust me. it took my mom a year and a half to finally validate that im trans and she still refuses to actually call me by my name and pronouns. it will take time. she was really against everything at first. i'd been asking since i was like 6 years old for a boys haircut and it was always "wait till your 18", but then she let me get one at 13. Don't give up. keep persisting. to be honest if you think its safe enough, i'd say come out to them. just straight up say it. whether they ignore you or not doesn't matter. it'll at least put reason in their minds behind your requests. I dont know your parents but i doubt they'd actually separate you from society. its probably just an empty threat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...