[Game] Explain your future tattoos and/or piercings

_Kai_ Β  Β 

I’m getting my nose pierced in like a week! Eight days till I get to do it :D

im just worried that I might pass out lol

Really need to a get a survivor tattoo! To show what I have been through and still am, and still got the courage to carry on! Especially through the hard shit! Anything is possible, if you put your mind to it! Things do get better, we may slip up here and there but it’s the past for a reason, focus on the present πŸ’•πŸ’•

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Megs- said:

Really need to a get a survivor tattoo! To show what I have been through and still am, and still got the courage to carry on! Especially through the hard shit! Anything is possible, if you put your mind to it! Things do get better, we may slip up here and there but it’s the past for a reason, focus on the present πŸ’•πŸ’•

That's a really lovely idea, @Megs-.

I've thought of doing something like that myself - like the semicolon tattoo. Not sure if you're familliar with it, but ten years or so ago, it was a movement to raise awareness of suicidal thoughts and mental health awareness... So I've had 10 years to think about it, but haven't really done it. Was thinking of incorporating it into a word (because the ; symbol could look like and i - so like writing "survivor" or something like "surv;vor" for example...).

Staff-Account.png

11 minutes ago, Duckie said:

I've thought of doing something like that myself - like the semicolon tattoo. Not sure if you're familliar with it, but ten years or so ago, it was a movement to raise awareness of suicidal thoughts and mental health awareness... So I've had 10 years to think about it, but haven't really done it. Was thinking of incorporating it into a word (because the ; symbol could look like and i - so like writing "survivor" or something like "surv;vor" for example...).

I have also been thinking of the semicolon. I have lots of time to decide, but I think it'd be fun to take the semicolon and give it, i don't know, legs? And then turn it into a spider or something else. So, it'd be like a drawing centered around a semicolon. I'm not sure, it's just a line of thought

• Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I have also been thinking of the semicolon. I have lots of time to decide, but I think it'd be fun to take the semicolon and give it, i don't know, legs? And then turn it into a spider or something else. So, it'd be like a drawing centered around a semicolon. I'm not sure, it's just a line of thought

I like that idea! It's unusual and creative and fun, but still has a deeper meaning 😊 Do you know where you would put it?

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Duckie said:

I like that idea! It's unusual and creative and fun, but still has a deeper meaning 😊 Do you know where you would put it?

For some reason i've always wanted a tattoo on the inside of my forearm. But I also want something on the outside of my forearm where my scars are. I think it'd be hilarious (in the way I have dark humor sometimes) to put something on the back of my wrist that plays with those scars. It'd be a joke to put it on the scars that my doctor made a comment about me self-harming for 'aesthetic purposes'. Same line of humor as when I wear the necklace I have that says 'persistence' on the back because that's the kind of depression I have, and that is just so funny to me.

I feel like none of these sentences make sense, but....I'm not going to fix it

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

For some reason i've always wanted a tattoo on the inside of my forearm. But I also want something on the outside of my forearm where my scars are. I think it'd be hilarious (in the way I have dark humor sometimes) to put something on the back of my wrist that plays with those scars. It'd be a joke to put it on the scars that my doctor made a comment about me self-harming for 'aesthetic purposes'. Same line of humor as when I wear the necklace I have that says 'persistence' on the back because that's the kind of depression I have, and that is just so funny to me.

I feel like none of these sentences make sense, but....I'm not going to fix it

I know what you mean. It always makes me so frustrated when people who should know better focus on astetics of self-harm (as if that's all there is to it!), rather than talking about ones feelings.

I actually know of a person who "covered up" (wrong term, I'll explain) some big self-harming scars and wrote "bigger on the inside" between the scars. I quite like it, because it is out there and acknowledging the complexity of self-harm and that the scars were always bigger on the inside. I think this is a brave and important statement. It plays on the assumption that the scars is all there is to it, which is of course what an uneducated person would say. Sorry for the rant. I just felt inspired. This is a very important conversation to have.

Staff-Account.png

7 minutes ago, Duckie said:

I know what you mean. It always makes me so frustrated when people who should know better focus on astetics of self-harm (as if that's all there is to it!), rather than talking about ones feelings.

I actually know of a person who "covered up" (wrong term, I'll explain) some big self-harming scars and wrote "bigger on the inside" between the scars. I quite like it, because it is out there and acknowledging the complexity of self-harm and that the scars were always bigger on the inside. I think this is a brave and important statement. It plays on the assumption that the scars is all there is to it, which is of course what an uneducated person would say. Sorry for the rant. I just felt inspired. This is a very important conversation to have.

She took a glance at my depression diagnosis and went 'ah yes, they must be the brand of angst that does this for aesthetics'

I can't figure out if that was the explanation or not....

Yeah, I do like that one a lot. Lots of people just see the surface level and refuse to look deeper, and it kind of asks for people to look deeper. I have the kind of scars that are fairly hard to notice. Noticeable enough that someone could see them though. Ever since the the first few days after I started, I've carried the knowledge that a lot of the time, only the person who the scars belong to can actually see them, even if they point them out to other people. I know this is kind of unrelated, but IΒ doΒ find that we tend to assume everyone can see everything* and that's simply not true much of the time

Β *other than me those first few days when I adopted the 'people will see what they want to see' mindset....I can't believe I got away with that

Edited by Emberfrost12

One of the reasons why I'm extra hesitant to get a tattoo is that I have a weird relationship with anything that doesn't 100% fit me all the time. Everyone just customizes everything without any form of thought, and I just have this weird thing against any form of branding and anything that is going to take energy for me to withstand the reaction, and the minute someone comments, whatever that thing is gets ruined for me. Words are very ruin-able to me. It's the reason I don't own a hoodie, it's the reason it took me two years to start customizing my headphones, and it's part of the reason why I don't join fandoms. I just cannot stand the judgement over anything. I would love to dress more alternative, but I can't because it takes effort to fill those looks and IΒ refuseΒ to fulfill stereotypes. So, if I'm depressed, the stereotype would be to be alt. Therefore, I can't act depressed while dressing that way. It's quite a difficult situation...

Once again, my commenting style has become a stream of unfiltered consciousnessΒ 

Edited by Emberfrost12

• Digital Mentor
8 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

One of the reasons why I'm extra hesitant to get a tattoo is that I have a weird relationship with anything that doesn't 100% fit me all the time. Everyone just customizes everything without any form of thought, and I just have this weird thing against any form of branding and anything that is going to take energy for me to withstand the reaction, and the minute someone comments, whatever that thing is gets ruined for me. Words are very ruin-able to me. It's the reason I don't own a hoodie, it's the reason it took me two years to start customizing my headphones, and it's part of the reason why I don't join fandoms. I just cannot stand the judgement over anything. I would love to dress more alternative, but I can't because it takes effort to fill those looks and IΒ refuseΒ to fulfill stereotypes. So, if I'm depressed, the stereotype would be to be alt. Therefore, I can't act depressed while dressing that way. It's quite a difficult situation...

Once again, my commenting style has become a stream of unfiltered consciousnessΒ 

Hi,

Yeah, that's understandable. It needs to be something that's constant in your life, rather than a meme or something that's just fun at the time being. I know someone with the possum meme tattooed. It still looks pretty dope and it makes me laugh, but let's face it - most people won't remember this meme in a few years time.Β 

image.png

I understand that words hurt and that other people's judgement can take the joy out of things that are important to you. I think the key is to find that one thing that you feel confident to defend or feel that you don't care what anyone else says about it. I think that's why a lot of people choose their kids' names as their first tattoos. Because no one can really argue with the love you feel for your kids. But it depends on the kinds of people that are in your life as well of course. My friend who did the possum tattoo simply shrugged and said "it makes me laugh - got a problem with something that brings me joy?". Can't argue with that really.

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Duckie said:

Hi,

Yeah, that's understandable. It needs to be something that's constant in your life, rather than a meme or something that's just fun at the time being. I know someone with the possum meme tattooed. It still looks pretty dope and it makes me laugh, but let's face it - most people won't remember this meme in a few years time.Β 

image.png

I understand that words hurt and that other people's judgement can take the joy out of things that are important to you. I think the key is to find that one thing that you feel confident to defend or feel that you don't care what anyone else says about it. I think that's why a lot of people choose their kids' names as their first tattoos. Because no one can really argue with the love you feel for your kids. But it depends on the kinds of people that are in your life as well of course. My friend who did the possum tattoo simply shrugged and said "it makes me laugh - got a problem with something that brings me joy?". Can't argue with that really.

Haha yeah.

I just deal with an added annoyance of having to not follow stereotypes.....so it's hard to find something that won't be stereotypical. Either way, I have lots of time. In fact, I have three years, a month, and a day's worth of time

• Digital Mentor
Just now, Emberfrost12 said:

Haha yeah.

I just deal with an added annoyance of having to not follow stereotypes.....so it's hard to find something that won't be stereotypical. Either way, I have lots of time. In fact, I have three years, a month, and a day's worth of time

That's really good. There is absolutely no pressure anyway. I got my first and only tattoo at 26 😊 I would rather wait than just do whatever when I turned 18.

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Duckie said:

That's really good. There is absolutely no pressure anyway. I got my first and only tattoo at 26 😊 I would rather wait than just do whatever when I turned 18.

Yeah. I'm going to get something at 18, but I just need to have decided by seventeen so that I have that long to make sure I won't actually hate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duckie said:

Beautiful!Β 

I actually designed a tattoo when I was like 13 and I still plan on getting it. It's essentially a donut with a top hat and monocle. Not entirely sure why but I just think its kinda funny

• Digital Mentor
11 minutes ago, TheToaster765 said:

I actually designed a tattoo when I was like 13 and I still plan on getting it. It's essentially a donut with a top hat and monocle. Not entirely sure why but I just think its kinda funny

That sounds really cute! And I love how it is important to you simply because you made it yourself and it makes you happy ❀️ Would love to see this design!

Staff-Account.png