Jump to content

Threatened to leak


ppinkie
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am a 15 year old girl, and I met this guy (he is supposedly “17”) through this app called “wink” and we traded. We went on kik and started doing it, I then blocked him after finishing . he texted me on wink and told me to unblock him and I said sorry I got banned and he said he doesn’t care to make a new one or else he’ll leak. I got scared and made one and added him and he was saying “snap vid or I’ll leak” I didn’t send anything that had nudity, just a photo of my pants and shirt and a video too. He doesn’t have my face in any of those vids sent the only photo he has is my lower nose  to my mouth that’s all he has about my face. He also has my wink profile that has my face and Snapchat in it, but I don’t have anything about him, all I have is his kik user that’s it. Idk his name, his face, nothing… after he got mad I got scared to send cuz he was saying “I’ll leak on tiktok Twitter Instagram idc” so I got scared and decided to put up all the courage I have and tell my friend, she was super mature about this situation she was helping me and everything, while I took her advice I saw on her that I should do something about my socials. I went on Snapchat and deleted my account and went on my other one that has a diff name, I changed my Instagram user name, archived my post and deleted my highlights. I took everything off that could possibly expose who I am. I am still nervous and scared to go to school and my nudes are exposed. I want those photos/videos out his phone or something, I just want to feel secure. I am still shaking while typing this because I don’t know what to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've heard a lot of bad things about Wink. Concerns over privacy as it's location based (I think), and just general pedo stuff. My suggestion is to never touch that app again.

Anyways, I'll take this to the @Digital Mentor because I'm no expert on this

Wishing you all good luck tho!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ppinkie said:

I am a 15 year old girl, and I met this guy (he is supposedly “17”) through this app called “wink” and we traded. We went on kik and started doing it, I then blocked him after finishing . he texted me on wink and told me to unblock him and I said sorry I got banned and he said he doesn’t care to make a new one or else he’ll leak. I got scared and made one and added him and he was saying “snap vid or I’ll leak” I didn’t send anything that had nudity, just a photo of my pants and shirt and a video too. He doesn’t have my face in any of those vids sent the only photo he has is my lower nose  to my mouth that’s all he has about my face. He also has my wink profile that has my face and Snapchat in it, but I don’t have anything about him, all I have is his kik user that’s it. Idk his name, his face, nothing… after he got mad I got scared to send cuz he was saying “I’ll leak on tiktok Twitter Instagram idc” so I got scared and decided to put up all the courage I have and tell my friend, she was super mature about this situation she was helping me and everything, while I took her advice I saw on her that I should do something about my socials. I went on Snapchat and deleted my account and went on my other one that has a diff name, I changed my Instagram user name, archived my post and deleted my highlights. I took everything off that could possibly expose who I am. I am still nervous and scared to go to school and my nudes are exposed. I want those photos/videos out his phone or something, I just want to feel secure. I am still shaking while typing this because I don’t know what to do.

Report him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
19 hours ago, ppinkie said:

But that’s what he said if I would block him he would leak I still blocked him

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear you went through this. I can imagine this has been really stressful for you, and I just want you to know that we are here to help you through this. I'm glad to hear you blocked him; this is always the best action to take in such a situation. I have a lot of experience helping people in similar situations, and generally, the more time that passes hearing nothing from them, the less and less likely it is that something will happen. If they are going to leak, they tend to do it straight away, so I think that you are now in the clear. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear you went through this. I can imagine this has been really stressful for you, and I just want you to know that we are here to help you through this. I'm glad to hear you blocked him; this is always the best action to take in such a situation. I have a lot of experience helping people in similar situations, and generally, the more time that passes hearing nothing from them, the less and less likely it is that something will happen. If they are going to leak, they tend to do it straight away, so I think that you are now in the clear. What do you think? 

Oh hey @Monsoon iwas gonna type something similar 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear you went through this. I can imagine this has been really stressful for you, and I just want you to know that we are here to help you through this. I'm glad to hear you blocked him; this is always the best action to take in such a situation. I have a lot of experience helping people in similar situations, and generally, the more time that passes hearing nothing from them, the less and less likely it is that something will happen. If they are going to leak, they tend to do it straight away, so I think that you are now in the clear. What do you think? 

You’re right they might’ve forgot or something but I still feel insecure that they might post it later or something… sometimes, recently the nervousness went away but sometimes it comes back really bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, ppinkie said:

You’re right they might’ve forgot or something but I still feel insecure that they might post it later or something… sometimes, recently the nervousness went away but sometimes it comes back really bad.

Hey there,

Yeah, I get that you're saying about the nervousness going away and coming back, and that will happen less and less over time. As I said, I've supported loads of people in similar situations to you, and generally, the more time that passes, the less and less likely it is that the content will be leaked. Out of all the people I've supported, they have never had their content leaked once they blocked the person making the threats. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I get that you're saying about the nervousness going away and coming back, and that will happen less and less over time. As I said, I've supported loads of people in similar situations to you, and generally, the more time that passes, the less and less likely it is that the content will be leaked. Out of all the people I've supported, they have never had their content leaked once they blocked the person making the threats. What do you think?

Yeah your right like the more time it goes on it goes away and it gets out of my head but idk. What if it does get leaked how am I gonna know it’s leaked, like idk if u get me..?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I get what you mean, and I guess you might not know if it does. How does it feel to have that uncertainty?

Horrible, I go everyday to school thinking it’s leaked and people saw it already. Or he might leak it in the future or he’s just waiting for the right time.. I hate it so much .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, ppinkie said:

Horrible, I go everyday to school thinking it’s leaked and people saw it already. Or he might leak it in the future or he’s just waiting for the right time.. I hate it so much .

Hey there,

Yeah, those feelings are totally understandable and completely normal in this kind of situation. From people I've supported in similar situations, they often say that over time, it does get better, and the feelings eventually get smaller and smaller, but it really is just a process that you have to have patience with, what do you think? However, the more time that passes, it becomes less and less likely that anything will be leaked because the truth is, people move on and forget, so try to take some comfort in that. It will get better for you. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, those feelings are totally understandable and completely normal in this kind of situation. From people I've supported in similar situations, they often say that over time, it does get better, and the feelings eventually get smaller and smaller, but it really is just a process that you have to have patience with, what do you think? However, the more time that passes, it becomes less and less likely that anything will be leaked because the truth is, people move on and forget, so try to take some comfort in that. It will get better for you. 

Yea I agree, it’s been almost a week and I don’t really feel nervous. I usually out those feelings away if it gets really bad,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2022 at 4:12 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Yeah, exactly; it just takes time, and I'm glad you're doing better. Would you like anymore support with this, or are you good? 

I’m good now!! Sometimes it’s in the back of my mind but I’m good now!! Thank you so much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, ppinkie said:

I’m good now!! Sometimes it’s in the back of my mind but I’m good now!! Thank you so much!

Alright, well if you need anymore support, you know where we are :) 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...