This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

How do you mention $h to your parents?

Gremlin    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I recently relapsed and $h again,

My mom said to tell her whenever I have the urge to, I wanted to but I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t want her to get mad at me when she already has a lot going on her own plate. On top of here saying that is “selfish of me” or “it’s not that serious/worth it“. My friend also said tell them to but I don’t want to have them deal with my bs either it’s not far to them. 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.
On 11/14/2022 at 4:59 AM, Gremlin said:

I recently relapsed and $h again,

My mom said to tell her whenever I have the urge to, I wanted to but I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t want her to get mad at me when she already has a lot going on her own plate. On top of here saying that is “selfish of me” or “it’s not that serious/worth it“. My friend also said tell them to but I don’t want to have them deal with my bs either it’s not far to them. 

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing this with us. It seems like you're not wanting to share with others at the moment because you don't want to burden them in a way, and I got this impression from what you said about your mum having her own stuff going on and how it wouldn't be fair to tell your friend either. I'm wondering if maybe we could look at this differently. Could it be that they want to help you and would really appreciate you reaching out to them? What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Yes your right,

I really do feel like I’m burdening my parents and my friends whenever $h comes up. I know that my one friend said that if I ever even thing about $h to talk to him about it. So that we can can come with something to get my mind off $h, or even talk about it. I really appreciate them for that, but a part of me is always hesitant, because $h has been on my mind a lot more recently. 😔

As for my mom I have tried to talk to her about it and how $h makes me feel better even if I’m hurting myself in the process. But I can still tell that she doesn’t really understand and I wouldn’t expected her to it does sound pretty crazy. I know that it can irritate her at times to, so I just find it better to not bring it up.

Hey there,

With your friend, it sounds like they really want to be there for you and would love to support you; that's what friends are for. How do you think they would react to you opening up?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e