This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

acne, body fat, and flat :(

emnma    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.

i have this really bad problem with trying to pick out my acne, and i’ve tried to stop but it never works and i just get all these scans on my face and they look really ugly. i also have had multiple ed’s because of my body fat and how i hate not having a flat stomach and how i have a double chin and a bad jawline. i’ve thought about getting a cheap liposuction without my parents knowing multiple times but i’ve never gone through with it. it’s always either not eating or overeating and i hate that. i’m also a part of the itty bitty committee and the flat ass club, and i get really insecure about that. i constantly dress like a hooker to try and make up for it but it just makes me hate myself even more but i also hate baggy clothing and yeah

18 hours ago, emnma said:

i have this really bad problem with trying to pick out my acne, and i’ve tried to stop but it never works and i just get all these scans on my face and they look really ugly. i also have had multiple ed’s because of my body fat and how i hate not having a flat stomach and how i have a double chin and a bad jawline. i’ve thought about getting a cheap liposuction without my parents knowing multiple times but i’ve never gone through with it. it’s always either not eating or overeating and i hate that. i’m also a part of the itty bitty committee and the flat ass club, and i get really insecure about that. i constantly dress like a hooker to try and make up for it but it just makes me hate myself even more but i also hate baggy clothing and yeah

Hey there,

Thank you for opening up to us about how you've been feeling. It sounds like you're being really hard on yourself and stuck in a cycle of negative thoughts and feelings about yourself. I'm wondering, what are you hoping to get out of the support from us? Are you looking to feel better about yourself, or something else?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

5 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thank you for opening up to us about how you've been feeling. It sounds like you're being really hard on yourself and stuck in a cycle of negative thoughts and feelings about yourself. I'm wondering, what are you hoping to get out of the support from us? Are you looking to feel better about yourself, or something else?

i don’t really know, it was more just getting it out i guess? i felt a lot better after writing it so i think i’m good for now

On 11/14/2022 at 11:23 AM, emnma said:

i don’t really know, it was more just getting it out i guess? i felt a lot better after writing it so i think i’m good for now

Hey there,

Yeah, that makes sense. I think that this community can be really helpful because it helps people to let out their feelings in a safe way that is anonymous; I feel that people can be more honest here because of the privacy. 

I'm wondering, since letting it out here, have you noticed any changes or had any more thoughts about your self-esteem?

6 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, that makes sense. I think that this community can be really helpful because it helps people to let out their feelings in a safe way that is anonymous; I feel that people can be more honest here because of the privacy. 

I'm wondering, since letting it out here, have you noticed any changes or had any more thoughts about your self-esteem?

i’ve thought less about it for the most part, there’s always moments where i wish i could change something but it’s not as constant as it used to be

Hey there,

That's really positive and I'm glad to hear things are getting better for you. I'm wondering, who do you trust the most in the world right now? Which person are you closest to?

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That's really positive and I'm glad to hear things are getting better for you. I'm wondering, who do you trust the most in the world right now? Which person are you closest to?

to be honest, i’m not sure anymore. all of my friends either have their own issues or i don’t trust them. my closest friend has been really messed up lately and i don’t want to burden her with my stuff

to be honest, i’m not sure anymore. all of my friends either have their own issues or i don’t trust them. my closest friend has been really messed up lately and i don’t want to burden her with my stuff

Hey there,

That's interesting that you don't trust some of your friends; can you tell me more about that? 

6 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That's interesting that you don't trust some of your friends; can you tell me more about that? 

i’ve had some stuff happen in the past that really affected me negatively. it happened with people i trusted deeply and i got pretty messed up after them.

i’ve had some stuff happen in the past that really affected me negatively. it happened with people i trusted deeply and i got pretty messed up after them.

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear that. Would you like to talk about it? It's okay if not, and there's absolutely no pressure, but I do believe that a problem shared is a problem halved, and we are here for you :) 

1 minute ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear that. Would you like to talk about it? It's okay if not, and there's absolutely no pressure, but I do believe that a problem shared is a problem halved, and we are here for you :) 

i’ve gotten over it mostly, it’s just some residual lack of trust for people that i struggle with. thank you though :)

17 hours ago, emnma said:

i’ve gotten over it mostly, it’s just some residual lack of trust for people that i struggle with. thank you though :)

Hey there,

Alright, that's fine. Although I don't know what happened, but when we go through an experience of someone abusing our trust, it then makes it really hard to trust again. I'm not sure if it was your current friends who did this or someone else,  but if it was from other people, remember, people who do that aren't that common, and most people can be trusted. Although it may be frightening to think about putting that trust in other people now, my advice would be to feel the fear and do it anyway, because by trusting, there is so much joy to be found in a deeper relationship. What do you think?

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Alright, that's fine. Although I don't know what happened, but when we go through an experience of someone abusing our trust, it then makes it really hard to trust again. I'm not sure if it was your current friends who did this or someone else,  but if it was from other people, remember, people who do that aren't that common, and most people can be trusted. Although it may be frightening to think about putting that trust in other people now, my advice would be to feel the fear and do it anyway, because by trusting, there is so much joy to be found in a deeper relationship. What do you think?

yeah, i’ve been trying to trust some of my current friends and it’s hard, but i get that i have to get over this fear at some point

On 11/19/2022 at 2:42 PM, emnma said:

yeah, i’ve been trying to trust some of my current friends and it’s hard, but i get that i have to get over this fear at some point

Hey there,

Yeah, and I think the best way to do it is to just go for it, regardless of the fear, and see what happens. It's important to have faith in the process, because if you don't, you might stop yourself from connecting on that deeper level. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, and I think the best way to do it is to just go for it, regardless of the fear, and see what happens. It's important to have faith in the process, because if you don't, you might stop yourself from connecting on that deeper level. What do you think?

Yeah, that makes sense. thank you so much!

On 11/20/2022 at 8:17 PM, emnma said:

Yeah, that makes sense. thank you so much!

No worries :)

Would you like anymore support with this, or are you good for now?

On 11/21/2022 at 4:22 PM, Monsoon said:

No worries :)

Would you like anymore support with this, or are you good for now?

i'm good for now