favorite canonically queer characters

illumi Β  Β 

the title says all. drop your favorite character[s] thats canonically queer. also bonus question; what is a lgbtq identity that you want to see presented the most?

• Pride 1

12 minutes ago, Overthinker22 said:

Am I the only one that thinks Peter Parker is Bi?

idk i was never into spiderman but peter being bi would be so cool

11 minutes ago, P!ATD Fan said:

Robin from Stranger Things.

Isn't she actually a lesbian? I thought they confirmed that?

5 minutes ago, Overthinker22 said:

yes.

nonbinary rep is so scarce that there's not much to choose from, so i'd say raine (the owl house) or benji (i wish you all the best)! honestly, they're great characters, but i think that to an extent i'm only choosing them because they're the only enby characters i can think of 😭 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Overthinker22 said:

we love em some good lesbian representationΒ 

4 hours ago, peanutbutterstruggles said:

nonbinary rep is so scarce that there's not much to choose from, so i'd say raine (the owl house) or benji (i wish you all the best)! honestly, they're great characters, but i think that to an extent i'm only choosing them because they're the only enby characters i can think of 😭 

i think theres also a manga of a feminine enby that has been popularized within the lgbtq community which i forgot the name of but i think you can find it with enough digging

• Yaaas 1

ok. i want to add my own. katie is canonically a lesbian and is in a relationship with jade from the mitchells vs the machines. in the movie during a video chat between katie and her family her parents asked her to invite jade over for thanksgiving since theyre official which heavily implies theyre in a romantic relationship already. the rainbow pin on katies hoodie can also be a subtle detail foreshadowing her lesbianism or it could be for aesthetic reasons because she likes rainbows; probably

Okay, spoilers for the webtoon Elf & Warrior.

Spoiler

I think Hector and Teucer's relationship in Elf & Warrior is my favourite queer relationship I've seen in non-queer media so far.

It's foreshadowed for pretty much the entire duration of the webcomic β€” you can definitely pick up on it if you're paying attention β€” and although there's definitely a reveal, it doesn't feel forced. It's just... there, as a natural progression of their relationship. The comic does address that their relationship is different because it's queer (and adds an extra layer to their story because of it β€” it's not just a genderbent straight relationship), but it manages to do that without making it about the queerness. It has nuance and I love it.

I don't know, they both have lot more dimension than I'm used to seeing in queer representation. I like that their relationship is messy and ends ambiguously, because not everybody's relationships work out and not everybody lives happily ever after. They aren't there to be the token queer relationship, they're just characters navigating interpersonal relationships that happen to be queer while also just trying to survive and keep their loved ones safe and like... become the sole law enforcement for an entire city of criminals. Stuff like that. XD

• Pride 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of Rain said:

Okay, spoilers for the webtoon Elf & Warrior.

Β  Hide contents

I think Hector and Teucer's relationship in Elf & Warrior is my favourite queer relationship I've seen in non-queer media so far.

It's foreshadowed for pretty much the entire duration of the webcomic β€” you can definitely pick up on it if you're paying attention β€” and although there's definitely a reveal, it doesn't feel forced. It's just... there, as a natural progression of their relationship. The comic does address that their relationship is different because it's queer (and adds an extra layer to their story because of it β€” it's not just a genderbent straight relationship), but it manages to do that without making it about the queerness. It has nuance and I love it.

I don't know, they both have lot more dimension than I'm used to seeing in queer representation. I like that their relationship is messy and ends ambiguously, because not everybody's relationships work out and not everybody lives happily ever after. They aren't there to be the token queer relationship, they're just characters navigating interpersonal relationships that happen to be queer while also just trying to survive and keep their loved ones safe and like... become the sole law enforcement for an entire city of criminals. Stuff like that. XD

we love em some good lgbtq rep in nonqueer media. take notes mainstream

49 minutes ago, Shane said:

Kanna from Miss,Kobayashi's dragon maid

ah heard of her before is she a lesbian or something? i dont remember much from the show

11 hours ago, sevan said:

ah heard of her before is she a lesbian or something? i dont remember much from the show

Yeah Shes a lesbian for RikoΒ 

• Pride 1

• 4 months later...
Γ—
Γ—