Blackmail

Lil T    

I sent this random girl nudes in exchange for hers ik huge mistake but now she keeps blackmailing me to cashapp and sending me my familys instagrams and she’ll send them to everyone what do i do i already sent her some gift cards but she said if i dont cashapp her 100 by next week she’ll leak it. Help what do i do. Im a minor btw

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, Lil T said:

I sent this random girl nudes in exchange for hers ik huge mistake but now she keeps blackmailing me to cashapp and sending me my familys instagrams and she’ll send them to everyone what do i do i already sent her some gift cards but she said if i dont cashapp her 100 by next week she’ll leak it. Help what do i do. Im a minor btw

Hi Lil T, welcome to the community. I'm Aurora and I'm one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I give support and advise to those that reach out to us. I'm glad you found us and we will help you through this.

First of all I wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to you. I can imagine that this must be very stressful for you but please know that you did nothing wrong. You were enjoying yourself, having fun in the moment and the other person broke your trust. And that is not OK! I would advise you to screenshot the conversation where they are blackmailing you for evidence. Then block the individual (be sure to also select the option to block any new accounts they might make) and make your all your social media accounts private if they are not already. You could even ask your followers to block the account. If they know your real name, take this out of any social media usernames. You could also try to find their account on other social media platforms and block them there.  If you like, we can report their account to the social media platform they threatened you on and ask them to remove it. To do this, please send the screenshot where they threaten you to support@ditchthelabel.org. Be sure to block out your nude content on this. 

Next, I would suggest that you report this to the police. If you have any screenshots from where they blackmailed you, you can show this to the police. You said that you a minor, which means that having and distributing nude photos of you is a crime and so is blackmailing you. The person doing this can get into a lot of trouble for this. 

I would also advise you, not to send any money. Once they notice they have been blocked, they will realise that you won't pay them anything and they are likely to move on as they have no motivation to leak the content, because they will know that they will get no money. How does that sound? 

Staff-Account.png

Same thing with me, ive recorded all the chats but I don't have a week, I have until tomorrow morning. Im scared of just blocking them, because they've already sent me a screenshot of them sending it to one of my old friends. what do I do??? I don't wanna go to the police because my parents cannot know about this

• Ditch the Label Staff
3 hours ago, iawlen derek said:

Same thing with me, ive recorded all the chats but I don't have a week, I have until tomorrow morning. Im scared of just blocking them, because they've already sent me a screenshot of them sending it to one of my old friends. what do I do??? I don't wanna go to the police because my parents cannot know about this

I fully realise this is a very hard situation to be in but you are the one who has been targeted and you are not at fault. How do you think your parents would react?

What they are doing is a crime.

Staff-Account.png

• 4 weeks later...

I am having sort of the same issue but im 18, they sent me screenshots of them sending it to people i follow on instagram and wanting me to pay them to keep it private and im freaking out a little bit and im not sure what to do

Edited by Imnotok

59 minutes ago, Imnotok said:

I am having sort of the same issue but im 18, they sent me screenshots of them sending it to people i follow on instagram and wanting me to pay them to keep it private and im freaking out a little bit and im not sure what to do

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out on the community. 

I'm sorry to hear that they are sending your nude content and blackmailing you as well. None of this is your fault, and you had no idea that they would break your trust like this. I can imagine this is all pretty stressful for you; how are you feeling?

By the way, I just want you to know that there are a few things you can do next.

1) If you would find it helpful, we may be able to have their social media account removed if they threatened you over Tumblr, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Snapchat. To do this, please send both of your usernames and a screenshot of the conversation where they threaten you to support@ditchthelabel.org Please block out any of the nude content when you send this over.

2) I would consider reporting this to the police as they are the best people to help you in this situation

3) Once you have got the evidence you need to report to us and the police, I would then encourage you to block the user. You could even ask your followers to block the account. If they know your real name, take this out of any social media usernames. You could also try to find their account on other social media platforms and block them there. 

What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e