Does anyone have any good question to ask a therapist?

Gremlin Β  Β 

Hi,

So basically my mom was able to text my old theripis and she said that she will take me back. But when i was with her, I was kinda in denile and believed that I didn't deserve the help. So I didn't really talk much but I want to be able to better or be a better patient at lease. Sence she was my first any only theripis I dont really have any exp, so I was woundering is there was anything questions or thing could do to make this work.

Thanks for reading

4 hours ago, Gremlin said:

Hi,

So basically my mom was able to text my old theripis and she said that she will take me back. But when i was with her, I was kinda in denile and believed that I didn't deserve the help. So I didn't really talk much but I want to be able to better or be a better patient at lease. Sence she was my first any only theripis I dont really have any exp, so I was woundering is there was anything questions or thing could do to make this work.

Thanks for reading

Hey there,

Thank you for asking us this really important question. It sounds like you've really reflected on what didn't work so well about therapy last time, and it's really common to be in denial in that kind of situation. This can often be because it's hard to confront those kinds of feelings that take you to therapy in the first place. I think it's important to remember that therapy is a safe and confidential space, and the therapist has expert training to help you feel heard and respected, and to then deal with the difficulties in the best way. So, just reminding yourself of that can be really powerful. What do you think? I'm wondering, could you ask your therapist this question and see what she says as well? I'm sure she will have some really helpful thoughts too.Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e