Gender Identity Crisis.

TheOriginalAxel    
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

Hey all.

I am starting to question my gender I dentity even though I recently discovered I was non binary but I now feel like I might be gender fluid amd it's just so confusing for me and I just don't know what to do.

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this :)

I just want you to know that it's perfectly normal to question your gender identity. You don't have to have all the answers now, but I think it can be pretty stressful when you don't have the answers. Although it might not feel like it, just trust that it won't be like this forever, and one day, you will have a stronger sense of your identity and what your label is, if you do want the label (which I think you do).

What do you think? Is there anything you feel like you could do at this point to understand your identity more?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this :)

I just want you to know that it's perfectly normal to question your gender identity. You don't have to have all the answers now, but I think it can be pretty stressful when you don't have the answers. Although it might not feel like it, just trust that it won't be like this forever, and one day, you will have a stronger sense of your identity and what your label is, if you do want the label (which I think you do).

What do you think? Is there anything you feel like you could do at this point to understand your identity more?

Well, I currently use makeup such as eyeliner and lipstick to try and express myself in a way that says "I don't conform to the societal norms of being a cisgender male" but sometimes when my friends accidentally use the wrong pronouns, I find that it doesn't really bother me.

7 hours ago, TheOriginalAxel said:

Well, I currently use makeup such as eyeliner and lipstick to try and express myself in a way that says "I don't conform to the societal norms of being a cisgender male" but sometimes when my friends accidentally use the wrong pronouns, I find that it doesn't really bother me.

Hey there,

Yeah, I totally get why it bothers you when they don't use the correct pronouns. How does it usually go when that happens? Do you say anything or try to ignore it? 

32 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I totally get why it bothers you when they don't use the correct pronouns. How does it usually go when that happens? Do you say anything or try to ignore it? 

I either joke around with them about it or sometimes they realize that they did it and just apologise for doing it because I don't think they're used to refering to me as they/them

10 hours ago, TheOriginalAxel said:

I either joke around with them about it or sometimes they realize that they did it and just apologise for doing it because I don't think they're used to refering to me as they/them

Hey there,

It's good that they apologise sometimes, but it's also good to verbalise how it makes you feel. If they see you joking with it, they might think it's not that big of a deal, but it is really important to you. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

It's good that they apologise sometimes, but it's also good to verbalise how it makes you feel. If they see you joking with it, they might think it's not that big of a deal, but it is really important to you. What do you think?

I think that I just need to keep reminding them of my pronouns whenever they accidentally use the wrong pronouns

• Solution

Hey,

Yeah, I think so too! I'm sure they will understand as well, but they won't know until you tell them. You've got this :)