Is it worth telling the police?

Aces    

Over the past 3 ish weeks my old mum has been trying to persuade me to go back with her. (Bit of back story I was taken away from Cps in 2012 from abusive parents mentally and physically. There was a court date of possession over me and my brother and she was found guilty of Assault and Child Neglect)  She has started trying to talk to me again via all of my business (Esports and motorsports) accounts. She's been rather nice in the messages i've replied to but i'm still not buying any of it. Need a little bit of advice in this situation... 

• Hug 1

12 hours ago, Aces said:

Over the past 3 ish weeks my old mum has been trying to persuade me to go back with her. (Bit of back story I was taken away from Cps in 2012 from abusive parents mentally and physically. There was a court date of possession over me and my brother and she was found guilty of Assault and Child Neglect)  She has started trying to talk to me again via all of my business (Esports and motorsports) accounts. She's been rather nice in the messages i've replied to but i'm still not buying any of it. Need a little bit of advice in this situation... 

hi there,

im sorry you are going through a tricky time, do you know a website called Childline? They can help you report it to the police if you want to. Can I ask, has there been a restraining order against your mum contacting you? If so, yes then do tell the police but make Sure a trustees adult is with you as that could be a difficult decision to make and go through. I hear how stuck you feel but remember there are digital mentors here at DTL who are here to support you also with such a difficult situation, I will tag them here @Monsoon @Aurora @Blondie @Digital Mentor 

I hope you can find a way to sort this out as you deserve to be happy. I’m sending my love !

Leila

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Aces said:

Hey Aces,

Thank you for coming to us for advice on this. We can definitely help you think about your next steps. 

In terms of the contact she is making with you, I'm wondering, is she allowed to talk to you, or did the court say she must not make contact? Also, can I ask, what is she saying when she does reach out?

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 10/28/2022 at 5:21 PM, Monsoon said:

I'm wondering, is she allowed to talk to you

No strictly, 

On 10/28/2022 at 5:21 PM, Monsoon said:

, can I ask, what is she saying when she does reach out?

she's trying to be all nice and stuff. Trying to I guess persuade me and my brother to go back with her(Mainly as I am currently employed as a racing driver and she's unemployed). Which will not happen she made me nearly kill myself 2 times. My brother is scared to bits of her still. Thank you for listening

14 hours ago, Aces said:

No strictly, 

she's trying to be all nice and stuff. Trying to I guess persuade me and my brother to go back with her(Mainly as I am currently employed as a racing driver and she's unemployed). Which will not happen she made me nearly kill myself 2 times. My brother is scared to bits of her still. Thank you for listening

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that she has had such a negative impact on you and your brother. How has it felt for you since she has been reaching out?

I think that because she is not allowed to talk to you, it's really important to tell the police so that they can manage it for you. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e