This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Bipolar

loverboy    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.

My mood is always changing and i spend most of my time in the depressive state and have already been in amental hospital because of depression i dont know how to cope please help me 

• Digital Mentor

2 hours ago, loverboy said:

My mood is always changing and i spend most of my time in the depressive state and have already been in amental hospital because of depression i dont know how to cope please help me 

Heyy @loverboy, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. 

That definitely sounds challenging and I am sorry you are in a depressive state most of the time. I am happy to explore with you on how to cope but before we jump into that do you maybe want to share with me about your mental hospital admission e.g. When was this? For how long? The diagnosis you received? And any other information you think I should know and you're comfortable sharing. It's easy for me to list coping mechanisms but I rather hear from you first on what all you have tried so that we can make sure nothing is repetitive and you get the right support for you. 

I know that I have asked some tough questions so please take your time and answer whatever you are comfortable with, we are here for you.

Staff-Account.png

About last month for 2 weeks dont remeber exactly when i was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and major depressive ddisorder and generalized anxiety

• Digital Mentor

On 10/27/2022 at 6:53 PM, loverboy said:

About last month for 2 weeks dont remeber exactly when i was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and major depressive ddisorder and generalized anxiety

Heyy, That sounds like a lot to handle, thanks for sharing with me. Could you let me know whether you are taking any medications? And also if you were offered any professional help after the diagnosis? 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, loverboy said:

yes i talk to a psyciatrist and therapist also i am on meds 

How is that support been for you? Also, how is your body reacting to the new meds? 

Staff-Account.png