Where to take a traumatized genius to give him a break

Rocco    

Where do you take a traumatized genius with self esteem issues to get away for a few hours? I ask because I have a friend in my robotics program with insane intelligence, but he views himself like trash. Everyone goes to him to solve their problems, and so he starts equating the ways and amount he can help to his worth as a human being. I want to take him somewhere he can just exist and be happy without solving any problems for a while.
The only issue is that whatever I end up doing, his mom is going to think we're dating (even though I have a girlfriend, and I also don't think she'd want the nearly 18 year old dating her 15 year old). I could take my girlfriend, but they've only met once, and I don't know how comfortable he'll be with her.

6 hours ago, Rocco said:

Where do you take a traumatized genius with self esteem issues to get away for a few hours? I ask because I have a friend in my robotics program with insane intelligence, but he views himself like trash. Everyone goes to him to solve their problems, and so he starts equating the ways and amount he can help to his worth as a human being. I want to take him somewhere he can just exist and be happy without solving any problems for a while.
The only issue is that whatever I end up doing, his mom is going to think we're dating (even though I have a girlfriend, and I also don't think she'd want the nearly 18 year old dating her 15 year old). I could take my girlfriend, but they've only met once, and I don't know how comfortable he'll be with her.

Hey there,

This is such a lovely idea, and he is lucky to have you as a friend. I'm wondering, could you ask him where he would like to go? Where is his favourite place?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e