This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Can someone just give me a hug?

Sincerely, Frog    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I sometimes hate my body. People have said comments about my size, and it makes me feel upset. And sometimes ill look at other people i know, and I'll become sad. Sorry for the stupid post. Just wanted to say something.

• Hug 3

• Ditch the Label Staff

8 hours ago, Sincerely, Frog said:

I sometimes hate my body. People have said comments about my size, and it makes me feel upset. And sometimes ill look at other people i know, and I'll become sad. Sorry for the stupid post. Just wanted to say something.

Hey there, I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors here. I want to reassure you that your feelings are valid and in no way stupid. This is a safe space to share how you're feeling.

I can relate to dealing with comments on body size and how upsetting this can be. One of the ways I have use to deal with it is to remind myself of things that I like or love about myself - this could be anything and doesn't have to be body related (for example it could be your eye colour or sense of humour etc). Can you tell me something you like or love about yourself?

Staff-Account.png

2 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Hey there, I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors here. I want to reassure you that your feelings are valid and in no way stupid. This is a safe space to share how you're feeling.

I can relate to dealing with comments on body size and how upsetting this can be. One of the ways I have use to deal with it is to remind myself of things that I like or love about myself - this could be anything and doesn't have to be body related (for example it could be your eye colour or sense of humour etc). Can you tell me something you like or love about yourself?

I like my ability to memorize quotes from musicals, books or tv shows.

• Ditch the Label Staff

2 minutes ago, Sincerely, Frog said:

I like my ability to memorize quotes from musicals, books or tv shows.

Amazing! I love to do that when a quote really fits a conversation or situation you're in - especially if the other person / people know it too!

Staff-Account.png

14 hours ago, Sincerely, Frog said:

Today i looked in the mirror, And i didnt hate how i looked!

• Hug 2

• Ditch the Label Staff

3 hours ago, Sincerely, Frog said:

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

18 hours ago, Sincerely, Frog said:

That's great! And what would those who love you say are your best qualities?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

25 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

That's great! And what would those who love you say are your best qualities?

Maybe that I'm creative and slightly crazy? (Yes, I do think being crazy is a good quality)

21 hours ago, Sincerely, Frog said:

Maybe that I'm creative and slightly crazy? (Yes, I do think being crazy is a good quality)

Hey,

Yeah, it sure is! It sounds like you're got plenty of great qualities which I'm sure people around you appreciate :)

In terms of moving forward with this, it's important to realise that you have the power to transform the way you think about yourself. Your mind is such a powerful tool, and the way you talk to yourself has such a big impact on your wellbeing which includes your self-esteem. So, my advice in these situations in to speak to yourself how you'd speak to a loved one. So, for the next two weeks, when you have those negative thoughts, think to yourself 'If I heard my best friend saying this, what would I say to support them and lift them up?' and then say this to yourself. What do you think?

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Yeah, it sure is! It sounds like you're got plenty of great qualities which I'm sure people around you appreciate :)

In terms of moving forward with this, it's important to realise that you have the power to transform the way you think about yourself. Your mind is such a powerful tool, and the way you talk to yourself has such a big impact on your wellbeing which includes your self-esteem. So, my advice in these situations in to speak to yourself how you'd speak to a loved one. So, for the next two weeks, when you have those negative thoughts, think to yourself 'If I heard my best friend saying this, what would I say to support them and lift them up?' and then say this to yourself. What do you think?

Ok, I’ll give this a try.

On 10/17/2022 at 1:21 PM, Sincerely, Frog said:

Ok, I’ll give this a try.

Great! Good luck with it and I will look out for an update. 

On 10/14/2022 at 9:07 PM, Sincerely, Frog said:

your feelings are valid! I understand your thought process, I too feel that way sometimes. writing about it helps, and remember, no one is perfect, even if it seems like they seem like it :)