starting school again, HELP ME

Maxine G Β  Β 

hi everyone,Β 

i'm joining in-person school again for the first time after not doing school (in person or cyber) for four years. please please help, i'm terrified, how do you all handle school?

7 hours ago, Maxine G said:

hi everyone,Β 

i'm joining in-person school again for the first time after not doing school (in person or cyber) for four years. please please help, i'm terrified, how do you all handle school?

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you are terrified of joining back in person. Can you tell me more about the fear you're experiencing? What is it you're afraid of?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

last time i was in public school four years ago i was bullied a tonne and didn't have any friends and was mocked for my disability and at the time i didn't even have a service dog and i'm going to be taking my service dog Steve with me and i feel like that's going to make me even more of a target but i need to take him

1 hour ago, Maxine G said:

last time i was in public school four years ago i was bullied a tonne and didn't have any friends and was mocked for my disability and at the time i didn't even have a service dog and i'm going to be taking my service dog Steve with me and i feel like that's going to make me even more of a target but i need to take him

Hey there,

Yeah, I totally get that you need to take him with you, however, I think that the dog will definitely attract a lot of positive attention as well. Also, a lot of time has passed and I imagine the people who bullied you would have matured by now, plus, everyone is older, and generally, research shows that bullying tends to occur less in upper school. What do you think? Also, how was your first day?

22 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I totally get that you need to take him with you, however, I think that the dog will definitely attract a lot of positive attention as well. Also, a lot of time has passed and I imagine the people who bullied you would have matured by now, plus, everyone is older, and generally, research shows that bullying tends to occur less in upper school. What do you think? Also, how was your first day?

wow, i didn't know that, i'll be honest i don't really believe it but i hope it's true

oh i don't start till next thursday i'm sorry if i worded it wrongΒ 

28 minutes ago, Maxine G said:

wow, i didn't know that, i'll be honest i don't really believe it but i hope it's true

oh i don't start till next thursday i'm sorry if i worded it wrongΒ 

Hey there,

I completely get why you're scared, but just remember that a lot of time has passed and people have probably moved on and grown up a bit. What do you think? Do you know who you can go to in school if you need some support?

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I completely get why you're scared, but just remember that a lot of time has passed and people have probably moved on and grown up a bit. What do you think? Do you know who you can go to in school if you need some support?

yea, yea hopefully. well i was discussing that with @AuroraΒ and yes but no. like there are counsellors at the school but i don't want to be that person. i just wish my brain didn't think the way it did. lately i've been thinking some shitty stuff

10 hours ago, Maxine G said:

yea, yea hopefully. well i was discussing that with @AuroraΒ and yes but no. like there are counsellors at the school but i don't want to be that person. i just wish my brain didn't think the way it did. lately i've been thinking some shitty stuff

Hey there,

When you say you don't want to be that person, what do you mean by that? Also, would you like to tel me more about the shitty stuff you've been thinking?