Sextortion on Instagram

KennyJ    

13 hours ago, KennyJ said:

I fell for the classic, pay money or they will post my one nude picture to all my instagram followers. What do I do?

Hey Kenny,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you are being threatened with your nude pictures, but the good news is that we are very experienced in helping people in your situation, so you have come to the right place.

As a starting point, please screenshot the conversation where they threaten you for evidence. Next, make all of your social media profiles private and block the individual. You should also ask your followers to do the same. When you ban, look out for an option to block new accounts they may create (Instagram has this feature). If you like, we can report their account to the social media platform they threatened you on and ask them to remove it. To do this, please send the screenshot where they threaten you to support@ditchthelabel.org. Be sure to block out your nude content on this. 

In terms of next steps, do not send them any money at all. Once they have been blocked, they will realise they won't get anything from you and are likely to move on as they have no motivation to then leak the content. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 month later...
  • Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Gunn said:

Can you help me?? The same happened to me

Hi @Gunn, welcome to Ditch the Label and thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry this has happened to you! I'm wondering, have you read the advice Monsoon gave to Kenny? Do you think this might be helpful advice to you, too? 

Staff-Account.png