Crush

eva_xx    

I have a crush on my best friend. I’m pan and she’s bi we’ve both had a lot happen in our lives hers which resulted in her being asexual. We joke about calling each other love planning dates etc but I wish we would be more than friends. I’ve never dated or even liked anyone that was asexual and was wondering peoples opinions on if it would work out. 

19 hours ago, eva_xx said:

I have a crush on my best friend. I’m pan and she’s bi we’ve both had a lot happen in our lives hers which resulted in her being asexual. We joke about calling each other love planning dates etc but I wish we would be more than friends. I’ve never dated or even liked anyone that was asexual and was wondering peoples opinions on if it would work out. 

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. You can definitely date someone that is asexual and have a healthy relationship, there just might not be that sexual aspect to it. How would you feel about not having that part?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I genuinely do not mind at all. I really like her and love spending time with her I’m just not sure where she lies I would want to kiss her if we dated and obviously would not if she was uncomfortable and this is really my main concern. 

On 10/5/2022 at 7:18 PM, eva_xx said:

I genuinely do not mind at all. I really like her and love spending time with her I’m just not sure where she lies I would want to kiss her if we dated and obviously would not if she was uncomfortable and this is really my main concern. 

Hey there,

I see monsoon has given great advice, I wanted to say that you can definitely date someone who is Asexual. As monsoon rightly said, they might not think of the relationship in a sexual way, does that make sense? I hear that you love spending time with her, that’s lovely! Have you discussed what you both would like in terms of relationship? Talking about what out preferences are is a good helping hand in the right direction! How about talking to each other about what you both want? How does that sound? We’re here for you, welcome to DTL lovely to meet you!

lulu

Yes we’ve talked a bit but I’m just scared she doesn’t like me like that. We unplanned have all the same classes this year and I’m scared if I mention it it’ll just make everything awkward I do very much love her company and talking to her learning new stuff after her. It’s all surreal 

8 minutes ago, eva_xx said:

Yes we’ve talked a bit but I’m just scared she doesn’t like me like that. We unplanned have all the same classes this year and I’m scared if I mention it it’ll just make everything awkward I do very much love her company and talking to her learning new stuff after her. It’s all surreal 

How did talking to her make you feel? Do you know whether she’s into girls? Sorry for all the questions! When do you next see her? Maybe you could try bring up the conversation maybe?

Talking to her is amazing she constantly makes me laugh even when I feel horrible. I zoned out during class on one of my roughest days and when I finally ‘woke up’ she had packed all my things away for me. She’s bi she liked a boy in our year but idk if she still does. I see her today we have the same classes so I see her a lot 

On 10/5/2022 at 7:18 PM, eva_xx said:

Hey there,

It sounds like you have your answer there then! What do you think you might do next about it all? 

19 hours ago, eva_xx said:

I’m not really sure to be honest I want to say something but if she doesn’t feel the same I don’t want it to be awkward when we have to go to the same classes 

Hey,

I totally get that you don't want it to be awkward, however, I do think that life is too short to just not go for it, and if you really want it, you should give it a try rather than find yourself thinking 'What if?' further down the line. What do you think?

23 minutes ago, eva_xx said:

I honestly agree I’m going to go for it we’re both stressed out cause school we’ve got a break coming up I’m going to ask her out thank you so much 

Good luck with it! Would you like anymore support, or are you okay now?

On 10/8/2022 at 10:19 PM, eva_xx said:

I’m great thank you so much 

Alright! Well, if you want to reach out at any point, you know where we are :)