Only bad reactions when I tried to share my feelings

Blueberrymuffin Β  Β 

My best friend, my family, and even my ex (when we were still dating) all got mean or pulled away from me and slowly wanted to spend less and less time around me or both even though they pushed me to tell them what was wrong when I felt down. Is that normal? Should I have expected that?

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think it's normal at all! rather than leaving you when you weren't feeling your best, they should've at least tried to help you feel better or just stayed there for you to be able to talk about your feelings.

but if anything,, thank you for sharing here, i hope it gets better for you :)

• 1 month later...

When people ask you what's wrong, they usually don't expect something to be happening. If you were to say that you didn't want to talk about it and they respected that, it would be different than if they continued to push you to tell them what was up. I think that people who truly care about you can let you tell them whenever it seems right for you, and people will sometimes struggle to realize that others are going through things too. Whatever is going on, it's safe to talk about here :)

I know that this is pretty late, but you matter however long ago you first asked for advice. Hope you're doing well now, though.

• Like 1

Γ—
Γ—