are you one of this

ash16 ย  ย 

if you are bi how do you tell your parents what if they dont like the fact that your bi i am a girl and i like a girl but i an scared to tell my parents and my crush how i fellย ย 

8 hours ago, jaydenisagirl said:

if you are bi how do you tell your parents what if they dont like the fact that your bi i am a girl and i like a girl but i an scared to tell my parents and my crush how i fellย ย 

Do you know where your parents stand on their opinions of the LGBTQ+ community? If not, you could ask them a question that would reveal that opinion, such as 'what happens when a guy likes a guy' or watch a tv show/movie with a queer couple. That might give you an idea of how to come out to them

9 hours ago, jaydenisagirl said:

Hey there,

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us.

I really like Emberfrost's advice around asking the question. Also, in terms of coming out, do you feel ready? If you are ready, the most important thing to think about is whether it's safe to come out or not. Would you say it's safe for you?ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 9/30/2022 at 10:01 AM, jaydenisagirl said:

hihi!

I was in the same boat with my parents. I thought that they were going to be not supported but when I came out it was ok. I would say come out when you are ready. Then if they don't like it but you know that you're Bi say something like "I know who I am and you may not understand but it is not a phase and I am not changing". I would say be confident in who you are once you are ready.

ย 

if your crush like girls I would say give them subtle hints that you like them such as "oh I like your shirt" etc...ย 

hope this helps!ย ๐Ÿ’›ย @sflowergirl

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 11:42 AM, sflowergirl said:

hihi!

I was in the same boat with my parents. I thought that they were going to be not supported but when I came out it was ok. I would say come out when you are ready. Then if they don't like it but you know that you're Bi say something like "I know who I am and you may not understand but it is not a phase and I am not changing". I would say be confident in who you are once you are ready.

if your crush like girls I would say give them subtle hints that you like them such as "oh I like your shirt" etc...ย 

thank you for that i will try i will take my time i dont what them to do mad at meย 

ย 

On 9/30/2022 at 6:19 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us.

I really like Emberfrost's advice around asking the question. Also, in terms of coming out, do you feel ready? If you are ready, the most important thing to think about is whether it's safe to come out or not. Would you say it's safe for you?ย 

thank you i will tryย 

On 9/30/2022 at 5:13 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

Do you know where your parents stand on their opinions of the LGBTQ+ community? If not, you could ask them a question that would reveal that opinion, such as 'what happens when a guy likes a guy' or watch a tv show/movie with a queer couple. That might give you an idea of how to come out to them

thank you for that ideaย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaydenisagirl said:

thank you for that ideaย 

You're welcome, tell us how it goes :)

1 minute ago, Emberfrost12 said:

You're welcome, tell us how it goes :)

i will see tomorrow i will tell my parents as soon as i get home at 4 :)ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

hihi!

Just now, jaydenisagirl said:

hihi!

thank you i will tell them soon as i can i just what to give it a little longerย 

Hey,

Just remember, if you're not ready, you don't have to tell them. This is your journey, and you get to decide when you share your news and there is no rush!ย 

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Just remember, if you're not ready, you don't have to tell them. This is your journey, and you get to decide when you share your news and there is no rush!ย 

i told them they don't supportย  me for itย 

ย 

3 hours ago, jaydenisagirl said:

Damn, just know there's people on here that'll always support you for who you are! Try to not change your ways just because they don't support you (My parents don't as well but I made the mistake of the being as confident as I should've been, but you still can be!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ)

58 minutes ago, lKail said:

Damn, just know there's people on here that'll always support you for who you are! Try to not change your ways just because they don't support you (My parents don't as well but I made the mistake of the being as confident as I should've been, but you still can be!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ)

thanks that makes me fell better i was down all day you help me have a little better dayย 

18 hours ago, jaydenisagirl said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear they don't support you for it. How are you feeling? I don't know if this will help or not, but sometimes, this can happen where families don't respond well at first, but this can often be because of shock. Then, as time goes on, because of the love they have for you, this can often be a really strong force in helping them to become more open minded and accepting, because at the end of the day, they just want you to be happy. What do you think? Could things change? I always say that there is light at the end of every tunnel, and you can turn the light on when you feel ready.ย 

22 hours ago, jaydenisagirl said:

wow that's really mean of them, can you tell me why you feel like they don't except you? Do they think it is a faze,ย  in my experience when people tell me stuff like that I just keep saying I am Bi and you can tell me what I am or not!!

I am, heer to talk

sending hugs!!
@sflowergirl

31 minutes ago, sflowergirl said:

wow that's really mean of them, can you tell me why you feel like they don't except you? Do they think it is a faze,ย  in my experience when people tell me stuff like that I just keep saying I am Bi and you can tell me what I am or not!!

I am, heer to talk

sending hugs!!
@sflowergirl

its dont know why they didn't i guess they don't like that i like the other gender and my crush is not in to girls so that is 10 times hard an meย ย 

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear they don't support you for it. How are you feeling? I don't know if this will help or not, but sometimes, this can happen where families don't respond well at first, but this can often be because of shock. Then, as time goes on, because of the love they have for you, this can often be a really strong force in helping them to become more open minded and accepting, because at the end of the day, they just want you to be happy. What do you think? Could things change? I always say that there is light at the end of every tunnel, and you can turn the light on when you feel ready.ย 

i not ok i ask out the girl i like she told me she was not in to girls i was up set but i am giving my parents time to get used to me like the opposite gender'sย 

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that the girl is not into girls as well, but well done for having the courage to even ask, because that takes nerves. Also, yeah, your parents will probably just need time to come around to it, and they may ask many questions which you will have to find patience for, but you can do it. Would you like to have a read of this article here? It might help!ย https://www.ditchthelabel.org/my-parents-didnt-react-well-to-me-coming-out/ย 

3 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that the girl is not into girls as well, but well done for having the courage to even ask, because that takes nerves. Also, yeah, your parents will probably just need time to come around to it, and they may ask many questions which you will have to find patience for, but you can do it. Would you like to have a read of this article here? It might help!ย https://www.ditchthelabel.org/my-parents-didnt-react-well-to-me-coming-out/ย 

awww thank you that will help you made my dayย 

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

No worries :)

Would you like to talk about this more, or are you good for now?

you cant talk about it a little at a timeย 

8 hours ago, jaydenisagirl said:

you cant talk about it a little at a timeย 

Hey there,

Would you like to carry on talking then? Whatever works for you!