Stress.

TheOriginalAxel Β  Β 

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I was last here. I am currently in college training to be a chef and I'm getting reallh stressed and I just don't know how to cope because I have to do multiple things at once and it's all starting to get too much. What should I do?

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, TheOriginalAxel said:

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I was last here. I am currently in college training to be a chef and I'm getting reallh stressed and I just don't know how to cope because I have to do multiple things at once and it's all starting to get too much. What should I do?

Hi there, welcome back. It's nice to hear from you again. Training to be a chef is really stressful. I know lots of other people, who've told me that. Have you spoken to the others at college. How are they finding it? Maybe you could support each other. Also, are the teachers there aware that you are struggling? They might be able to support you.Β What do you think?

Staff-Account.png

On 9/29/2022 at 10:37 PM, TheOriginalAxel said:

Hey there,

We've never met before but hey, I'm Leila! Lovely to meet you. I know how hard college can be,Β  I'm starting a online course on Monday which I'm stressed about so I get you. You could talk to someone about all this stress, a form teacher? A parent? A trusted adult/friend you can talk to maybe? And of course you have us here, hope you're okay!

Leila

On 9/29/2022 at 3:37 PM, TheOriginalAxel said:

Hey Axel, welcome back.

Have you been doing anything to relax at all? And is there anything you can do to help reduce the stress?

1 hour ago, Luluu said:

Hey there,

We've never met before but hey, I'm Leila! Lovely to meet you. I know how hard college can be,Β  I'm starting a online course on Monday which I'm stressed about so I get you. You could talk to someone about all this stress, a form teacher? A parent? A trusted adult/friend you can talk to maybe? And of course you have us here, hope you're okay!

Leila

Really? I thought you did meet!?

23 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Hey Axel, welcome back.

Have you been doing anything to relax at all? And is there anything you can do to help reduce the stress?

I've tried many things to help me relax but nothing seems to work.

On 9/30/2022 at 3:41 PM, Aurora said:

Hi there, welcome back. It's nice to hear from you again. Training to be a chef is really stressful. I know lots of other people, who've told me that. Have you spoken to the others at college. How are they finding it? Maybe you could support each other. Also, are the teachers there aware that you are struggling? They might be able to support you.Β What do you think?

I have talked to my tutors and they gave me a few things to do to try and alleviate the stress but nothing worked for me.

• Digital Mentor
On 10/9/2022 at 8:46 AM, TheOriginalAxel said:

I have talked to my tutors and they gave me a few things to do to try and alleviate the stress but nothing worked for me.

Do you mind sharing, what they suggested? I'm curious if it was strategies to help you feel more relaxed or if it was practical suggestions what you can do at college to cope with the multiple demands. Also, did you feel that your tutors were understanding of how you feel?Β 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Do you mind sharing, what they suggested? I'm curious if it was strategies to help you feel more relaxed or if it was practical suggestions what you can do at college to cope with the multiple demands. Also, did you feel that your tutors were understanding of how you feel?Β 

They were very understanding because they already know about other mental health problems I have and some of the things they suggested were things like breathing, and taking time out of the lesson if I felt like it was getting too much but neither strategies worked because I just felt even more stressed afterwards.

• Digital Mentor
21 hours ago, TheOriginalAxel said:

They were very understanding because they already know about other mental health problems I have and some of the things they suggested were things like breathing, and taking time out of the lesson if I felt like it was getting too much but neither strategies worked because I just felt even more stressed afterwards.

I'm glad to hear they were very understanding. It sounds to me like they want to make sure you're supported, Is that right? How do you feel about speaking to them again and letting them know that these strategies aren't helping? I'm wondering if it might be helpful to let them know exactly what it is that is causing you to feel stressed (if you know). Eg is it too much work, is it too many instructions at a time, is the working environment too busy or it might be something completely different. What do you think, would that be helpful?

Staff-Account.png

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2022 at 4:37 PM, TheOriginalAxel said:

I'm sorry to hear your stressed. I know that I am just a kid with homophobic parents and cuts but I'm here for you^^