My Grandma

BusinessBee Β  Β 

My grandma has been struggling with COPD for a whil. This has caused her to fall a lot. Today she decided that she was done and took her oxygen cabel off. She is still alive but she probably wont make it through the night. She lives in an assisted living place and has been a widow since 2018. I just needed somewhere I could vent.

• Hug 1

6 hours ago, BusinessBee said:

My grandma has been struggling with COPD for a whil. This has caused her to fall a lot. Today she decided that she was done and took her oxygen cabel off. She is still alive but she probably wont make it through the night. She lives in an assisted living place and has been a widow since 2018. I just needed somewhere I could vent.

Hey @BusinessBee

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I'm really sorry to hear that your grandma has decided she is done. I can imagine that this is really upsetting for you and your family. How have you been feeling since you found out?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 9/29/2022 at 2:59 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey @BusinessBee

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I'm really sorry to hear that your grandma has decided she is done. I can imagine that this is really upsetting for you and your family. How have you been feeling since you found out?Β 

Ever since I found out I feel the urge to connect with mu other grandparents more.

3 hours ago, BusinessBee said:

Ever since I found out I feel the urge to connect with mu other grandparents more.

Hey,

Yeah, I totally get that, and you can totally do that even if they aren't here anymore. You can ask others about stories of their life and look at old pictures as well. I recently lost both my grandparents, and this has been helping, as well as remembering the good times.

How are you feeling?

• Like 1

Update: She put oxygen back on but she did permanent brain damage and still will not be long before she passes. But at least she wants to stay now.

15 hours ago, BusinessBee said:

Update: She put oxygen back on but she did permanent brain damage and still will not be long before she passes. But at least she wants to stay now.

Hey,

That is good that she wants to stay now and that will you a chance to say your proper goodbyes wont it? Have you had a chance to do that yet?

On 10/5/2022 at 11:23 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

That is good that she wants to stay now and that will you a chance to say your proper goodbyes wont it? Have you had a chance to do that yet?

Thankfully I was able to say my goodbyes before this because now she isn’t coherent or conscious.

Hey,

I'm really glad you got that moment with her as it can be even harder to cope with a passing when you don't have that moment. How are you feeling about it all? Would you like to talk about it? It's okay if you don't, I just wanted to check. Whatever you're comfortable with, let me know, and if you'd rather leave it for now, then that's okay as well.Β 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 2:58 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Yeah, I totally get that, and you can totally do that even if they aren't here anymore. You can ask others about stories of their life and look at old pictures as well. I recently lost both my grandparents, and this has been helping, as well as remembering the good times.

How are you feeling?

Sorry about you losing your grandparents. It kinda amazes me how the mentors can relate to the people here. It makes us feel more welcomed.

5 hours ago, BusinessBee said:

Sorry about you losing your grandparents. It kinda amazes me how the mentors can relate to the people here. It makes us feel more welcomed.

Thank you. I'm glad that the relatability is helping you to feel more welcome. If you can, allow yourself to experience those challenging feelings around loss, because it's helpful to process them rather than push them away. I think that in today's society, we can often be encouraged to try to get rid of the feelings rather than sit with them and allow ourselves time to process. It can be really helpful to watch a film/show or listen to music that makes you sad if you're struggling to get going; what do you think?