This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating, Mental Illness

Need help with finding a way to a diagnosis

CinnaStixX    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating, Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I’m not really sure where to put this so I’ll put it here. For a pretty long time I’ve had very strong suspicions about a bunch of things that tend to require diagnoses. (I.e ADHD, depression, anxiety, maybe some other disorder or illness, possibly Bulimia or anorexia, I’m kinda messed up but I tend to keep it inside and ignore it with coping mechanisms) However, I can’t get my parents to take me to a doctor for the diagnoses. I only really want it for the closure, if I’m being honest. I hate medicines and don’t even take pain meds ever; so not doing it for drugs. They keep making excuses and saying that it’s expensive and a waste for something I may or may not have (we’re an upper middle class family). I just don’t really know what to do and need advice.

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating, Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.
7 hours ago, CinnaStixX said:

I’m not really sure where to put this so I’ll put it here. For a pretty long time I’ve had very strong suspicions about a bunch of things that tend to require diagnoses. (I.e ADHD, depression, anxiety, maybe some other disorder or illness, possibly Bulimia or anorexia, I’m kinda messed up but I tend to keep it inside and ignore it with coping mechanisms) However, I can’t get my parents to take me to a doctor for the diagnoses. I only really want it for the closure, if I’m being honest. I hate medicines and don’t even take pain meds ever; so not doing it for drugs. They keep making excuses and saying that it’s expensive and a waste for something I may or may not have (we’re an upper middle class family). I just don’t really know what to do and need advice.

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I just want to check, how are you feeling about everything? It sounds like you've got a lot going on and it would be helpful to talk with someone about this. I noticed what you said about how you're messed up, and I'm wondering if you can tell me more about that?

As you cannot get to the doctors at the moment, could you maybe speak with school and let them know how you've been feeling? They're well placed to deal with mental health and put you in touch with other support resources.

We are here for you. Take care and speak soon.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e