Questioning my sexuality

akin1012    

Hi,

I'm really sorry to bother you all and I know there already are a lot of these topics, but I haven't found advice that helps me personally. So here is my situation:

I'm a 17 year old virgin who never had any relationship, so I don't even think I have the right to question my sexuality. But I noticed that I don't feel different towards boys or girls. I can imagine having a relationship with either, but I never had a crush. Not a single one. So I might be asexual, but I definitely want a relationship and I want sex, so I can't be asexual. So I thought maybe I just didn't noticed my crushes, but I always thought I would knew it when I had one. And I'm even more confused since I realized that my friends and I are so close that except for sex I don't know what would be different in a real relationship. So maybe I have crushes on my whole friend group? That can't be possible, right? I'm just so confused and I know labels aren't important. I just wish I would understand myself a little bit better. It really scares me not knowing what's going on with me. I hope all of that makes sense to you, because to me it doesn't.

Also I'm sorry if my English is really bad. I'm still learning.

Hey there!

No need to apologise to us - we are here to help you through this.

How are you feeling? It sounds like you have a lot going on! I know how frustrating it is to not know your sexuality. This can cause a lot of anxiety and young people are put under pressure to know exactly who they are. However, this kind of thing takes time. It is important to just be patient and go with the flow when it comes to this. Learning about yourself is a lifelong process, and it is important to enjoy the ride1

Maybe you could start dating and see what happens from there? That could clear up a lot of confusion between romantic and platonic friendships.

Here is an article you may find useful;

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/8-things-know-questioning-sexuality/

I hope you find this useful. Let me now if not and we can figure something else out.

Hang in there! -Monsoon :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

That's a great attitude to have and I'm glad you found this information useful. We are always here to help with absolutely anything!

-Monsoon :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e