Nudes are going to get exposed

Melon Β  Β 

I feel for a scam on Instagram. They directed me to WhatsApp. I sent my nudes with my face on it and they screenshoted my Instagram pictures and some of my followers. They also have a picture of my ID and they gave me less than a month to pay up the money. I don't want to inform the police please. What do I do

50 minutes ago, Melon said:

I feel for a scam on Instagram. They directed me to WhatsApp. I sent my nudes with my face on it and they screenshoted my Instagram pictures and some of my followers. They also have a picture of my ID and they gave me less than a month to pay up the money. I don't want to inform the police please. What do I do

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out to us at Ditch the Label. I'm one of the digital mentors here at Ditch the Label and I give advice to our members here.Β 

I'm sorry to hear that you are being blackmailed with your nudes. I can imagine that this is very stressful for you and I just want you to know that you have come to the right place and we can help you through this. In terms of what to do next, I would block them on social media and their number. Then, make sure all of your social accounts are private. If you remember their username, ask your followers to block them so that they cannot get in contact. Instagram has a really useful feature where you can also choose to block new accounts they may create as well, so definitely use that.Β 

By the way, I have lots of experience in supporting people who have been blackmailed to pay money in the same way you have. As a general rule, never pay the individual. Their only motivation is money, and when they realise they aren’t going to get it, they have nothing to gain by then leaking the picture, because they know they won’t get money. Therefore, ignore all communication and definitely block.Β 

What do you think?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 9/27/2022 at 9:19 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out to us at Ditch the Label. I'm one of the digital mentors here at Ditch the Label and I give advice to our members here.Β 

I'm sorry to hear that you are being blackmailed with your nudes. I can imagine that this is very stressful for you and I just want you to know that you have come to the right place and we can help you through this. In terms of what to do next, I would block them on social media and their number. Then, make sure all of your social accounts are private. If you remember their username, ask your followers to block them so that they cannot get in contact. Instagram has a really useful feature where you can also choose to block new accounts they may create as well, so definitely use that.Β 

By the way, I have lots of experience in supporting people who have been blackmailed to pay money in the same way you have. As a general rule, never pay the individual. Their only motivation is money, and when they realise they aren’t going to get it, they have nothing to gain by then leaking the picture, because they know they won’t get money. Therefore, ignore all communication and definitely block.Β 

What do you think?Β 

But I'm still scared. I should just give him or her the money so they can leave me alone at least. I'm so tiredΒ 

On 9/27/2022 at 9:19 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

What do you think?Β 

What if they leak it and then my entire school See's it

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, Melon said:

What if they leak it and then my entire school See's it

I know how exhausting this must feel but usually if people pay then that is rarely the end of it and they are likely to keep asking. Do they know what school you attend? Depending on your age and were they live, they could get into a huge mount of trouble.

Staff-Account.png

On 9/27/2022 at 3:24 PM, Melon said:

Omg same thing on SC, except they said $500 and I blocked them, and then threatened to post it on the news?

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Ben said:

Omg same thing on SC, except they said $500 and I blocked them, and then threatened to post it on the news?

Hi Ben, welcome to the Community. I'm Aurora, I'm one of the other support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I'm really sorry this has happened to you.Β 

Can I just ask, did they threaten to post it on the news or did you? And have you seen the advice that Monsoon has given to Melon. What do you think, would that also work for you? If you have any further concerns then please either post them here or if you would prefer to talk about this confidentially,Β you can contact us via confidential support.Β 

Staff-Account.png

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, 24Rival said:

Same. They want R2000 from me or they'll post it on social media to ruin my lifeΒ 

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I have just replied to your other comment to give you support.Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 2 weeks later...