So.. a college update from me!

-Leila- Β  Β 

As many know who have been following my journey through me being in hospital etc and me having to do my GCSE exams in hospital, I have decided to enroll in a few days a week health and social course! Because, I want to become  a helpful person to others :)! It will be hard but it will be easier as I will be doing it over the computer ! I'm excited 😊 

• Like 1

I have only been able to be able to do this because of the support and advice from the nurses at the hospital I'm at, and for everyone who has supported me here. A special thanks to @MonsoonΒ and @Aurora for everything you've helped me with, I've come a huge way so thank you!

• Yaaas 1

• Digital Mentor
8 minutes ago, Luluu said:

As many know who have been following my journey through me being in hospital etc and me having to do my GCSE exams in hospital, I have decided to enroll in a few days a week health and social course! Because, I want to become  a helpful person to others :)! It will be hard but it will be easier as I will be doing it over the computer ! I'm excited 😊 

Luluu, what wonderful news!! I'm really happy for you πŸ˜€.Β  I think it'll be great for you to have something to focus on that you're really interested in. As you've said, you've come such a long way and it's lovely to see how well you're doing. You'll be fab at this as you're very supportive and you've been helping lots of people on this forum.Β Β 

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

Luluu, what wonderful news!! I'm really happy for you πŸ˜€.Β  I think it'll be great for you to have something to focus on that you're really interested in. As you've said, you've come such a long way and it's lovely to see how well you're doing. You'll be fab at this as you're very supportive and you've been helping lots of people on this forum.Β Β 

I start next Monday!!! I'm so excited 😊.  Thank you so much

• Yaaas 1

7 hours ago, Luluu said:

I have only been able to be able to do this because of the support and advice from the nurses at the hospital I'm at, and for everyone who has supported me here. A special thanks to @MonsoonΒ and @Aurora for everything you've helped me with, I've come a huge way so thank you!

This is such a nice thing to say, thank you. Remember though, you did all this yourself. You have the strength and skills to move forward; this is all you!Β 

• Hug 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Friday I am going to be on teams with my 1-2-1 tutor who will be with me through out my course! Which I'll be doing online starting Monday can't wait!

• Digital Mentor
On 9/28/2022 at 2:52 PM, Luluu said:

Friday I am going to be on teams with my 1-2-1 tutor who will be with me through out my course! Which I'll be doing online starting Monday can't wait!

Have you had your meeting with your tutors today on teams? How did it go?

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

4 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Have you had your meeting with your tutors today on teams? How did it go?

Had it at mid day, he was lovely! Can't wait to start my course! Obviously, because of my learning difficulties we won't be doing lots of work and it will take me a little longer to do my course which is understandable!

• Digital Mentor
18 minutes ago, Luluu said:

Had it at mid day, he was lovely! Can't wait to start my course! Obviously, because of my learning difficulties we won't be doing lots of work and it will take me a little longer to do my course which is understandable!

That all sounds really positive. I'm so glad to hear he was lovely and you're really looking forward to your course. You'll be great!

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

That all sounds really positive. I'm so glad to hear he was lovely and you're really looking forward to your course. You'll be great!

I hope to be one of you guys when I'm older and feeling emotionally better! Honestly can't thank you digital mentors enough and the community! πŸ₯°Β 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, Leilaaaa said:

Didn't go to plan

Oh no,Β  I'm sorry to hear that. What happened?Β 

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 12:22 PM, Aurora said:

Oh no,Β  I'm sorry to hear that. What happened?Β 

a lot

• Digital Mentor

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how much you were looking forward to do it. It sounds like it wasn't the right time for you though as you have so much going on at the moment. I think most of us would struggle to focus on a course when we have so many other things going on in our life. Maybe you can start the course again when things feel more settled?Β 

Staff-Account.png

On 10/19/2022 at 2:09 PM, Aurora said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how much you were looking forward to do it. It sounds like it wasn't the right time for you though as you have so much going on at the moment. I think most of us would struggle to focus on a course when we have so many other things going on in our life. Maybe you can start the course again when things feel more settled?Β 

I have said that to them that I will do it when I have not got a lot on

• Like 2

• Digital Mentor
On 10/21/2022 at 7:03 PM, Leilaaaa said:

I have said that to them that I will do it when I have not got a lot on

That sounds like a really good idea. There is no rush and it might be nice for you to have something to work towards. What do you think? I know how much you enjoy helping others and you give really good advice. You'll probably get a lot more out of the course, once you can really focus on it and you don't have so many other things to think about.Β 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

That sounds like a really good idea. There is no rush and it might be nice for you to have something to work towards. What do you think? I know how much you enjoy helping others and you give really good advice. You'll probably get a lot more out of the course, once you can really focus on it and you don't have so many other things to think about.Β 

I love helping others I want to already help others :)

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
5 minutes ago, Leilaaaa said:

I love helping others I want to already help others :)

You do help others already πŸ™‚! You're really helpful and welcoming to others on the forum and you're a valued member of the community.Β 

Staff-Account.png

10 minutes ago, Aurora said:

You do help others already πŸ™‚! You're really helpful and welcoming to others on the forum and you're a valued member of the community.Β 

thank you, AuroraΒ 

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

I totally agree, you are an awesome member of the community whose posts I enjoy reading. Keep being amazing @Leilaaaa!Β πŸ€—