This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

How do I deal with gender dysphoria?

steampunk.cephalopod    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Yesterday, I was showering and thinking about my gender bc I was questioning again (I used to identify as genderfae). When I got out, I looked at myself and it was like realizing for the first time that I have a female body. Waves of fear and hate for my body just kind of washed over me and I thought “holy crap, my body is wrong”. How do I deal with that feeling for when it happens again? I’ve been think about binding, and my family is transphobic, so lemme know if u have any tips!

18 hours ago, master_of_water said:

Yesterday, I was showering and thinking about my gender bc I was questioning again (I used to identify as genderfae). When I got out, I looked at myself and it was like realizing for the first time that I have a female body. Waves of fear and hate for my body just kind of washed over me and I thought “holy crap, my body is wrong”. How do I deal with that feeling for when it happens again? I’ve been think about binding, and my family is transphobic, so lemme know if u have any tips!

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been feeling dysphoric and that your family are transphobic. How have both of those been for you on an emotional level?

In terms of tips, the binding is a good idea, and I'm wondering, could you potentially change your style in order to reflect a presentation that may be more authentic for you? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been feeling dysphoric and that your family are transphobic. How have both of those been for you on an emotional level?

In terms of tips, the binding is a good idea, and I'm wondering, could you potentially change your style in order to reflect a presentation that may be more authentic for you? 

Emotionally, it’s off-and-on for both things. The worst part abt having a transphobic family is not only having to lie about who I am, but also having to agree with bad things that my family says abt trans ppl. And because I am genderfluid, dysphoria isn’t as big of a deal as it is for trans FTM ppl, so I got lucky there. 

The style change idea is a good one and it wouldn’t take much to do it. I’ve been thinking abt getting a short gender-neutral haircut and I already wear looser unisex shirts. I just don’t how I would go abt binding bc I don’t own a binder and I don’t want ppl wondering why my chest looks a whole lot flatter all of a sudden. 

Tysm!

15 hours ago, master_of_water said:

Emotionally, it’s off-and-on for both things. The worst part abt having a transphobic family is not only having to lie about who I am, but also having to agree with bad things that my family says abt trans ppl. And because I am genderfluid, dysphoria isn’t as big of a deal as it is for trans FTM ppl, so I got lucky there. 

The style change idea is a good one and it wouldn’t take much to do it. I’ve been thinking abt getting a short gender-neutral haircut and I already wear looser unisex shirts. I just don’t how I would go abt binding bc I don’t own a binder and I don’t want ppl wondering why my chest looks a whole lot flatter all of a sudden. 

Tysm!

Hey,

Yeah, I can imagine that it really annoys you when you pretend you agree with those bad views about trans people. I'm wondering though, what would happen if you did disagree?

Also, I'm wondering, how do you think binding would make you feel? Also, who do you not want to wonder about why your chest looks flatter? 

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Yeah, I can imagine that it really annoys you when you pretend you agree with those bad views about trans people. I'm wondering though, what would happen if you did disagree?

Also, I'm wondering, how do you think binding would make you feel? Also, who do you not want to wonder about why your chest looks flatter? 

If I disagreed, my mom would probably talk with me so that I’m not “confused”. If I tried to disagree any further, she’d probably just get mad at me. 

Binding would make me feel better abt my physical appearance, especially paired with a shorter haircut. 

The ppl I don’t wondering are my family, my teachers, and friends I still haven’t come out to yet. 

Hey there,

Even if she did get mad at you, might it be important for her to see you standing up for your views? She might not like it at first, but over time, I guess she will probably realise that she has to get used to it. 

Also, I get that you don't want them wondering due to not having come out to them yet, and with the new clothes, you don't really have to give an explanation for why you're wearing them, do you? With the binding, you could definitely still go ahead with this, and people are likely to still ask questions, so you might want to be prepared for that. If your parents did find out about your gender, how do you think they'd react?