Idk

C3C3 Β  Β 

We had a club fair at school today and my grade is supposed to join 2 clubs. There's one that I want to join. It's about supporting LGBTQIA+ and educating people about it. The problem is that I don't know how either of my parents would react to it, because I'm also not out to them. And I don't want have to wait a whole other year until I can tell them. Do I come out or stay in closet until I'm "old enough to know for sure"? My aunt told me that my dad wouldn't like it if I ended up being LGBTQ+, so now I'm terrified of coming out and getting disowned or hurt.

I think that you should go ahead and join the club, if your parents ask you can just say that you're interested or something like that. Additionally, people in the club may relate and have opinions on when and how to come out to your parents.Β 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, C3C3 said:

We had a club fair at school today and my grade is supposed to join 2 clubs. There's one that I want to join. It's about supporting LGBTQIA+ and educating people about it. The problem is that I don't know how either of my parents would react to it, because I'm also not out to them. And I don't want have to wait a whole other year until I can tell them. Do I come out or stay in closet until I'm "old enough to know for sure"? My aunt told me that my dad wouldn't like it if I ended up being LGBTQ+, so now I'm terrified of coming out and getting disowned or hurt.

Hey there,

With coming out, if there's a chance you could be put in danger, then it's best to wait until you're away from the potentially dangerous situation before telling those people. What do you think? Also, there's that part where you might not be sure yet, and plenty of people prefer to wait until they're absolutely certain.

By the way, I just want to say that I've supported plenty of people whose parents weren't on board at first, but because they love their child so much, they are forced to face their views head on and learn to be more accepting and open-minded, so there is a lot of hope as well. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e