How do I know whether I'm bisexual or gay?

E.T    

I don't understand my feelings I tend to mostly find guys attractive I've never dated a guy but I have dated a girl it was for 3 years and I did love her but we broke up since she was a b**** but I find myself mostly attracted to guys and I don't know what to do since my family don't understand LGBTQI+ since they think like the 1500's and they all keep saying the way I dress is gay this is what everyone tells me just because I like to look good rather than wear tracksuits and baggy clothes I wear fitted trousersand such and they wouldn't understand me or accept me if I came out as anything

• Like 2

• Ditch the Label Staff
54 minutes ago, E.T said:

I don't understand my feelings I tend to mostly find guys attractive I've never dated a guy but I have dated a girl it was for 3 years and I did love her but we broke up since she was a b**** but I find myself mostly attracted to guys and I don't know what to do since my family don't understand LGBTQI+ since they think like the 1500's and they all keep saying the way I dress is gay this is what everyone tells me just because I like to look good rather than wear tracksuits and baggy clothes I wear fitted trousersand such and they wouldn't understand me or accept me if I came out as anything

Hey there, I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors here.

Many people who are bi can find themselves attracted to one gender more than the other so it's completely possible that you're bi. That sounds hurtful to be called gay as a negative term - would it be safe for you to come out at all?

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

22 hours ago, Blondie said:

Many people who are bi can find themselves attracted to one gender more than the other so it's completely possible that you're bi. That sounds hurtful to be called gay as a negative term - would it be safe for you to come out at all?

No I don't think it's safe for me to come out ever unless I was to move away from my family

• Ditch the Label Staff
50 minutes ago, E.T said:

No I don't think it's safe for me to come out ever unless I was to move away from my family

I'm sorry that you can't come out in a safe environment as everyone deserves to be able to live authentically.

In the cases, we would advise you to wait until you are able to live independently away from home (this could be through work or university for example). Is that a possibility for you?

Staff-Account.png

On 9/20/2022 at 7:16 PM, Blondie said:

I'm sorry that you can't come out in a safe environment as everyone deserves to be able to live authentically.

In the cases, we would advise you to wait until you are able to live independently away from home (this could be through work or university for example). Is that a possibility for you?

I don't think that's a possibility as I work just round the corner from my house

On 9/19/2022 at 7:53 PM, Blondie said:

2 hours ago, E.T said:

I don't think that's a possibility as I work just round the corner from my house

Hey E.T

I'm wondering, if you did come out to them, what do you think would happen? How do you feel your safety would be affected?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 10:10 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey E.T

I'm wondering, if you did come out to them, what do you think would happen? How do you feel your safety would be affected?

I think I would have to leave home and move away

Hey there,

I remember you mentioning that you don't live with them, do you? So, I'm wondering, why would you need to move if you came out? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e