This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Violence, Abuse

My "Amazing" Father

Non-Binary Person Here ย  ย 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Violence

Click this notice to reveal the content.

ย 

Ok so this morning he says that he is tired of my bs. And that his gf doesn't want me to be down at his place. Then, he says "I'm getting to that point and this is the point." then he has the guts to say that I'm not his child. WHO DOES THAT TO THEIR CHILD???

I don't know what to do anymore. He is also starting to hit me too. His excuse is that "I'm talking back and being disrespectful". How is it being disrespectful when I am simply repeating what he had said to me this morning.

Please help. I'm tired of this just going on repeat. He has finally gone too far when he said I'm not his child. Any tips or ideas to help me feel better?

Edited by Non-Binary Person Here
Turned on Trigger Warning
  • Like 1

• Digital Mentor

7 hours ago, Non-Binary Person Here said:

Ok so this morning he says that he is tired of my bs. And that his gf doesn't want me to be down at his place. Then, he says "I'm getting to that point and this is the point." then he has the guts to say that I'm not his child. WHO DOES THAT TO THEIR CHILD???

I don't know what to do anymore. He is also starting to hit me too. His excuse is that "I'm talking back and being disrespectful". How is it being disrespectful when I am simply repeating what he had said to me this morning.

Please help. I'm tired of this just going on repeat. He has finally gone too far when he said I'm not his child. Any tips or ideas to help me feel better?

ย 

Hi there, Iโ€™m Aurora and Iโ€™m one of the support mentors here. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know whatโ€™s going on with your Dad. I know it can be difficult to open up about our home life and I would like to reassure you that we are here for you and you are not alone!ย 

Iโ€™m really sorry to hear what your Dad said and I can tell that his words really hurt you. If you could, what would you like to say to your Dad?ย 

You also mentioned that he has been hitting you. Can I ask, do you live with your Dad and his gf and do you feel safe there? Your safety is really important and it sounds to me like it might not be a safe place anymore. What do you think? Have you spoken to anyone else about what has happened?ย 

Please let me know if you would prefer to talk about this confidentially.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Staff-Account.png

I don't mind talking here.ย  If I could say or ask something to my dad it would be "why would you say that to your own child? Do you not love me anymore?" I live with my mom and she knows that he started to hit me. She has been making sure he hasn't been. The only time I really have to go to his place is when supper is done. He makes the food for me and my mom. Do I feel safe there? That is a big no. I always walk with a friend now and they wait for me to walk out of my dad's. I've only really talked about it with my mom. Plus my dad is starting to drink more to "Calm himself down" and to "Relax his brain". I tend to hide the pain and sadness when I'm with friends or out in public. I don't like bringing other people's happiness down because of me.ย 

Edited by Non-Binary Person Here
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Non-Binary Person Here said:

I don't mind talking here.ย  If I could say or ask something to my dad it would be "why would you say that to your own child? Do you not love me anymore?" I live with my mom and she knows that he started to hit me. She has been making sure he hasn't been. The only time I really have to go to his place is when supper is done. He makes the food for me and my mom. Do I feel safe there? That is a big no. I always walk with a friend now and they wait for me to walk out of my dad's. I've only really talked about it with my mom. Plus my dad is starting to drink more to "Calm himself down" and to "Relax his brain". I tend to hide the pain and sadness when I'm with friends or out in public. I don't like bringing other people's happiness down because of me.ย 

Hey,

I'm glad you don't have to live in the same house as him and that your mom is making sure he hasn't been doing that. Can I ask, how has she been making sure?ย 

Also, I know you don't want to bring the happiness down of others, but try to see it differently. Think about when you have been there for your friends during a hard time; what was your experience like of helping them?ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

She has been on the phone with him when I go to his house. I will always be there for my friends. There are only like 4 or 5 of them that I go to.

• Like 1

Hey there,

That's good that she is stepping in. I'm wondering, has anything like this happened in the past as well? I know this might be scary to talk about, and if you prefer, we can talk about this privately, just let me know. Remember, this is a completely safe space and our role here is to help you in whatever way we can. We are here for you :)

Also, that's good that you will always be there for my friends. When you have helped them with their own problems in the past, how has it been for you?

• Like 1

It started when I started high school. So 3 years ago. Could you please explain what you mean with

When you have helped them with their own problems in the past, how has it been for you?

ย 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Non-Binary Person Here said:

It started when I started high school. So 3 years ago. Could you please explain what you mean with

Hey,

Sure thing, I can explain. I'm asking how it felt for you when you helped your friends through something hard, was it a good feeling? I thought it would be good to talk about because you mentioned how you don't want to bring your friends down by showing your pain and sadness, and I think that when friends help eachother, it's a really good feeling, and I'm sure that they will feel the same when you open up to them because it makes them feel trusted. Do you know what I mean?

• Like 1

Ah! Now I understand what you mean. There are only 2 people I fully open up to. But, one of them I've lost contact with so I only have one friend to talk to.

• Like 1

It's hard to open up to others because they end up stabbing me in the back... It happened so many times that I've grown used to people doing it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Non-Binary Person Here said:

It's hard to open up to others because they end up stabbing me in the back... It happened so many times that I've grown used to people doing it.

Hey there,

Yeah, I get that you could grow used to that, but remember, those kinds of people aren't that common, and most people out there will want to help you :)

Could you maybe open up to your one friend sometime soon and see how it goes?ย 

My other friends were too busy for me to talk to them... What do I do now?

• Like 1

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

hey, @Non-Binary Person Here

i hate that all that's happening to you. i have a sh** father, but now i only have to see him during supervised visits. but when i was younger he would starve me and neglect me and although he didn't hit me very often, his girlfriend did all the time. i wish i had some kind of advice to help you, but i really don't. my father's always been a rough subject for me and i don't know how to cope with my feelings about him alone. i really hope things get better for youย ๐Ÿค

• Digital Mentor
On 9/17/2022 at 12:54 AM, Non-Binary Person Here said:

My other friends were too busy for me to talk to them... What do I do now?

Do you think you would like to talk to all your friends together or is there one friend in particular you could open up to and see how it goes?ย 

Staff-Account.png