Am I too young to know I'm Asexual?

WhoIsThere    

So I am not attracted to anyone. I mean, platonically, sure, I just want to hang out with people, but I don't think I've ever been romantically attracted to anyone, and definitely not sexually attracted to anyone. Am I too young to know? Could someone describe the difference of sexual and romantic attraction? (Is emotional attraction real?)
Thanks

20 hours ago, WhoIsThere said:

So I am not attracted to anyone. I mean, platonically, sure, I just want to hang out with people, but I don't think I've ever been romantically attracted to anyone, and definitely not sexually attracted to anyone. Am I too young to know? Could someone describe the difference of sexual and romantic attraction? (Is emotional attraction real?)
Thanks

Hey,

Welcome to the Ditch the Label community. I'm one of the digital mentors and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I'm wondering, can you tell me what you know already about the difference between sexual and romantic attraction? I think that would be a good starting point and then we can go from there. Speak soon.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 2 weeks later...

You can never be too young to know who you are, the only difference in figuring it out at a young age is that you have more of a chance to change your mind. Personally, I started suspecting I was bi when I was about 10 and it is never too early to be you.

• 1 month later...

nah. if your current experience fits the definition of the label then you shall freely identify as such. if youre still unsure then still identify as the most fitting label you know and mark it subject to change. theres always time to explore your orientation regardless of age

On 9/12/2022 at 4:38 PM, WhoIsThere said:

Thanks

never!

i mean if it changes than so be it, but if you feel aroace you probably are!

sexual attraction to be basic, is going "oh, hey, i would like to f*ck this person. their body gives me physical wantings."

romantic attraction is people wanting to date each other (crushes, kissing, basically the whole point of valentine's day lmao)

emotional attraction is defo real, it's like a suuuupeer strong bond between you and the person