Just a random question What do I say to my mom when I come out to her?

ThatgurlieLekira Β  Β 

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @lekira 😊

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the Forums and I’ve read your post and wondered whether you’d feel it’s beneficial to talk things through with one of our Trained Digital Mentors? They offer support and advice to those who reach out in our Community. I will tag them in so you know who they are and so they can reach out. @MonsoonΒ & @Aurora

As you can already see we have amazing Community members who also often share their stories and what helped them. 😊😊

Β 

Β 

13 hours ago, lekira said:

I'm ready to come out but I don't know what to say to my mom so i need advice

Hey there,

We can definitely help you with this!

When it comes to planning what to say, it can be really hard to remember something specific in the moment, so I think it's often best to just speak from the heart and say what feels right in the moment; what do you think? For some actual tips though, it can be useful to say things like 'I really want you to know about this part of my identity because I love you and it's important to share' and 'I've been feeling this way for a while now, and I have to get it off my chest...'

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

We can definitely help you with this!

When it comes to planning what to say, it can be really hard to remember something specific in the moment, so I think it's often best to just speak from the heart and say what feels right in the moment; what do you think? For some actual tips though, it can be useful to say things like 'I really want you to know about this part of my identity because I love you and it's important to share' and 'I've been feeling this way for a while now, and I have to get it off my chest...'

LOL you really don't know my mom. She is literally the most homophobic person I've ever met. And If I say something like that then she will definitely kick me out. So yea im dead Monsoon but ty for the help/support.

Hey Lekira,

I'm wondering then, is there a way that you can tell her which will stop you getting kicked out? Also, would you say it's safe for you to share this news with her?Β 

9 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Lekira,

I'm wondering then, is there a way that you can tell her which will stop you getting kicked out? Also, would you say it's safe for you to share this news with her?Β 

No and NOΒ 

8 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I can imagine that all of this is quite stressful for you; how are you feeling?

im trying to stay calm but i can't

23 hours ago, lekira said:

im trying to stay calm but i can't

Yeah, I can completely get that it's hard to stay calm when things are this emotional for you. How are you feeling today? I'm wondering, what do you usually do to relax and feel calm?

6 hours ago, lekira said:

@MonsoonΒ can we talk in private

Hey,

Sure thing. If you click on 'Confidential Support' at the top of the page, you can send us a message that way. Take care and speak soon.