Help

LemonboyEmmy    

In june, i moved to a city an hour away from my old friends, as well as my partner. I really miss them, but they recently texted me to tell me they are dating a girl in xeir band class who i kind of knew. I'm okay with an open relationship, but i am worried xey will forget about me.

34 minutes ago, LemonboyEmmy said:

In june, i moved to a city an hour away from my old friends, as well as my partner. I really miss them, but they recently texted me to tell me they are dating a girl in xeir band class who i kind of knew. I'm okay with an open relationship, but i am worried xey will forget about me.

Hey Emmy,

How it is going since you've been away? Can I ask, how come you moved to a new city?

Also, with your relationship, did you agree to be open beforehand, or did this come as a surprise to you?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

26 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Emmy,

How it is going since you've been away? Can I ask, how come you moved to a new city?

Also, with your relationship, did you agree to be open beforehand, or did this come as a surprise to you?

It's been okay- not the same, obviously. I moved because of my dad's job, btw. But yeah, i'd agreed before hand. me and xey both were polly with a friend of ours for a while there, even. but i just worry that xeir new partner- being actually there physically with them and all that- will become more and ill just get left behind. 

Really all i want is for them to be happy, but i just really love xem and the thought of loosing xem hurts.

Hey there,

I completely get why you feel this way, and it does make me wonder, do you think you're ready for a poly relationship if you feel like this? Is it what's right for you? 

I think it's more the fact that xeir new partner gets to see xem every day- I just don't want to become a sidenote. 

On 9/7/2022 at 3:59 PM, LemonboyEmmy said:

I think it's more the fact that xeir new partner gets to see xem every day- I just don't want to become a sidenote. 

Hey there,

Yeah, I get that, and based on what you've said, I can imagine that it might be easier for you if you were still able to see him regularly; is that fair to stay? I'm wondering, what do you think you might do to try and sort it out? 

57 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I get that, and based on what you've said, I can imagine that it might be easier for you if you were still able to see him regularly; is that fair to stay? I'm wondering, what do you think you might do to try and sort it out? 

I dunno. I cant drive yet, and until I can see xem I dont know.

22 hours ago, LemonboyEmmy said:

I dunno. I cant drive yet, and until I can see xem I dont know.

I guess now might be a good time to do some thinking and see what others think as well; what are your thoughts on this? From my perspective, I think it's important to communicate how you feel with your partner and go from there. Honesty really is the best policy. 

18 hours ago, LemonboyEmmy said:

you're right. Thank you 

That's okay. Would you like anymore support with this, or are you good for now?