I get bullied online

marisa_01    

Hi

I've been feeling kinda stressed out recently due to something i posted on twitter 2 days ago. The "something" was about dress code protesting in high school. Basically, someone there tweeted that they were feeling unusual and disgusted by how girls dress crop tops in high school, and I didn't agree with that. I told them that it was the girl's choice to wear or not to wear. Untill then I was replied by more than 500+ hate speeches on twitter about how fool and immature i am trying to break the dress code and saying girls should dress formal to keep "that" environment for school. Not that i feel pain from those speeches but it reminds me how left alone i am, how people in my country especially females feel like they have to rule someone how they should dress. And it does trigger me about how many times i had been bullied when i was young. I phoned my parent yesterday, it's good to hear something from them but i still feel the pain of being pushed away from society because of my belief. I don't know how to cope with it and i really need someone's advice right now

Edited by marisa_01

Monsoon
This post was recognized by Monsoon!

"Really helpful post, thanks for sharing :)"

Maxine G was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness'

5 minutes ago, marisa_01 said:

Hi

I've been feeling kinda stressed out recently due to something i posted on twitter 2 days ago. The "something" was about dress code protesting in high school. Basically, someone there tweeted that they were feeling unusual and disgusted by how girls dress crop tops in high school, and I didn't agree with that. I told them that it was the girl's choice to wear or not to wear. Untill then I was replied by more than 500+ hate speeches on twitter about how fool and immature i am trying to break the dress code and saying girls should dress formal to keep "that" environment for school. Not that i feel pain from those speeches but it reminds me how left alone i am, how people in my country especially females feel like they have to rule someone how they should dress. And it does trigger me about how many times i had been bullied when i was young. I phoned my parent yesterday, it's good to hear something from them but i still feel the pain of being pushed away from society because of my belief. I don't know how to cope with it and i really need someone's advice right now

hey, 

can really relate to you on that one. i've been in a similar situation where i've basically been attacked on social media by a mass amount of people who i didn't even know, i know it can be really hard to deal with. blocking and reporting if violent is your best defence, and if any condone violence, i'd really suggest going to the police. 

i'm here for you, and i can try and help as much as i can

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, marisa_01 said:

Hi

Hey,

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm really sorry to hear about the hate speech you've been exposed to, and it's completely normal for such an experience to trigger previous incidents of bullying. I'm wondering, what is coming up for you emotionally at the moment? What feelings have you been having? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm really sorry to hear about the hate speech you've been exposed to, and it's completely normal for such an experience to trigger previous incidents of bullying. I'm wondering, what is coming up for you emotionally at the moment? What feelings have you been having? 

I am trying to keep my mind busy and do things all day. It's actually getting better but deep down there's no happiness. It's becoming worst because i get homesick badly. Whenever i feel insecure about myself, my hometown will always be the best solution of it all but right now due to my responsibility I can't quite do that as i want to. I actually thought about sitting by the beach tonight but i knew nothing about this place where I've been living for nearly 2 months so I didn't take risk and went there alone. I know I have to find something to keep my mind off of that situation where i felt terrible about myself but reading books or watching movies can help me no more. I really have nothing to do. I can't really find a path to walk on and feel safe. I wish i had someone with me right now. It is so hard to not blame yourself on everything you do.

Edited by marisa_01

14 hours ago, Maxine G said:

hey, 

can really relate to you on that one. i've been in a similar situation where i've basically been attacked on social media by a mass amount of people who i didn't even know, i know it can be really hard to deal with. blocking and reporting if violent is your best defence, and if any condone violence, i'd really suggest going to the police. 

i'm here for you, and i can try and help as much as i can

Thank you so much. It'd be awesome if you could help pitching some ideas for me to try keeping my mind healthy. I tried reading books, listening to podcasts and watching movies, right now those still can't help me cope.

15 hours ago, marisa_01 said:

Thank you so much. It'd be awesome if you could help pitching some ideas for me to try keeping my mind healthy. I tried reading books, listening to podcasts and watching movies, right now those still can't help me cope.

do you have any pets? i find animal company is always so calming and helpful. if not, i know i have a playlist of songs that make me super happy and i listen to those as i need. you could also try drawing/writing how you're feeling or anything you want to! but if you do feel like you need to reach out to someone close to you it's nothing to be ashamed of at all *hugs*

15 hours ago, marisa_01 said:

I am trying to keep my mind busy and do things all day. It's actually getting better but deep down there's no happiness. It's becoming worst because i get homesick badly. Whenever i feel insecure about myself, my hometown will always be the best solution of it all but right now due to my responsibility I can't quite do that as i want to. I actually thought about sitting by the beach tonight but i knew nothing about this place where I've been living for nearly 2 months so I didn't take risk and went there alone. I know I have to find something to keep my mind off of that situation where i felt terrible about myself but reading books or watching movies can help me no more. I really have nothing to do. I can't really find a path to walk on and feel safe. I wish i had someone with me right now. It is so hard to not blame yourself on everything you do.

Hey,

It sounds like you've started to look inwards in terms of the negative thoughts which shows in how you're blaming yourself, and I just want you to know that this is totally normal when you're targeted online. Try to take some comfort in knowing that this feeling will pass and that it will get better. I'm wondering, in terms of coping, could it be good to take a break from Twitter? The thing is, although the activity is intense now, people move on, so it might be good to have some time away until that happens. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e