Breakups?

Andrew_ Β  Β 

Hey all...I'm new to this. so please bear with me as I try to navigate this site. The love of my life, my soulmate, had just suddenly broken up with me and won't give me a clear reason as to why. Not looking for advice, just looking for comfort.

hi @Andrew_

I am so sorry that happened! To even tell anyone shows how great you are as a person. I am here if you need to vent/talk( even though you probably don't know me lol).

πŸ’›Β  @sflowergirl

Thank you mate, that really does mean a lot to me. I'm just upset because she lifted me up so high, brought out every best characteristic in me, and for the first time ever, I had felt loved, safe, and cared for. Then she brought that all down. I'm tempted to tear the whole world down, but I know that if I do that, I'm just letting her win and feeding the fire. Thankfully through this process, I've come to terms with myself, know what a healthy relationship looks like, and now understand the maturity that comes with a romantic relationship

• Hug 1

No, thank you @Andrew_

I really have never been in a real relationship I would more call it" meet ups" I get it. I think its so empowering that you are thinking this way! when I realized my relationship as toxic I ran awayΒ  didn't even break up I was I guess scared. You are in my eyes really empowering because you are even able to talk about this in the way that you are!

@sflowergirl

Thank you mate! That does really mean a lot to me. Love is hard. Relationships are hard. They require a lot of confidence, and then commitment afterwards, all which I just pull out of thin air. Once you cross that bridge, then it's smooth sailing and euphoria from there if your partner is healthy and feels the same way. Love is a wonderful feeling and it can really bring out the best in you...but on the other hand, once turned against you, it will tear you apart. Everything in moderation is key and taking things one step at a time is crucial.Β  They also take a lot of patience, but what most people don't know is the trial and error involved. It's easy to set your eyes on one person alone forever...and while I do encourage faithfulness to your current partner, it's never the end of the world if the relationship ends. It just hurts for a while. (now I'm solving my own problems lol)

I'm proud of you for being able to escape your toxic relationship. Even though you didn't explicitly say, "I'm breaking up with you" in your heart, you no longer wanted to be with your partner. There are so many people in the world who don't have the strength to do that...including myself. My second girlfriend was very abusive and made me partake in some self destructive behavior, and I didn't have the courage to say no right away. I've recovered from those events since and I'm a better man than I used to be, but the fact that you were able to say no to something so toxic also really amazes me. You're a rockstar

Edited by Andrew_
Added information
  • Thanks 1

@Andrew_

ok thank you so much you made me cry...my relationship was so abusive and I feel like such a coward for not ending it by saying the words I am breaking up with you. thank you so much for being awesome!

@sflowergirl

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Andrew_

How have you been lately?

On 8/8/2022 at 10:58 PM, sflowergirl said:

@Andrew_

ok thank you so much you made me cry...my relationship was so abusive and I feel like such a coward for not ending it by saying the words I am breaking up with you. thank you so much for being awesome!

@sflowergirl

Hey,

I just want to check, are you safe from this relationship now?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e