Any recommendations for newbie readers?

Pixie_the_confused_something Β  Β 

I'm trying to get back into reading after my interest in it was destroyed by school! Does anyone have any books that easy for my brain goop to comprehend?

3 hours ago, Pixie_the_confused_something said:

I'm trying to get back into reading after my interest in it was destroyed by school! Does anyone have any books that easy for my brain goop to comprehend?

Are you looking for something that's easy to read, with a lower reading level, or something that is going to occupy you and make you really want to read it? Or both?

1 hour ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Are you looking for something that's easy to read, with a lower reading level, or something that is going to occupy you and make you really want to read it? Or both?

Both preferably, it's been a very long time that I haven't read something that was not a visual novel. (mainly because I'm a visual learner lol)

18 minutes ago, Pixie_the_confused_something said:

Both preferably, it's been a very long time that I haven't read something that was not a visual novel. (mainly because I'm a visual learner lol)

Have you read the Boxcar children and the magic treehouse?

5 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Have you read the Boxcar children and the magic treehouse?

OH! I have read a little bit of the magic treehouse when I was in 4th grade (pretty good ngl) but, I haven't read Boxcar children, do you have a summary for it?

15 minutes ago, Pixie_the_confused_something said:

OH! I have read a little bit of the magic treehouse when I was in 4th grade (pretty good ngl) but, I haven't read Boxcar children, do you have a summary for it?

It is good, never stopped reading it. The boxcar children is about this group of orphans who run away because they think their grandpa is really mean, and then he finds them and is super nice, and they go all kinds of places, and the orphans keep finding mysteries and solving them. I love it

7 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

It is good, never stopped reading it. The boxcar children is about this group of orphans who run away because they think their grandpa is really mean, and then he finds them and is super nice, and they go all kinds of places, and the orphans keep finding mysteries and solving them. I love it

Awh the boxcar series sounds super cute and wholesome, I'll try to get my hands on them! Thank you so much for the recommendations!

On 7/31/2022 at 4:09 PM, Pixie_the_confused_something said:

It depends on what you are into, but I'll give you a few books from different genres that I really enjoy.

Fantasy - Divergent, The Hunger Games, Warrior CatsΒ 

Romance - To All The Boys I've Loved Before

Dark Romance - TwilightΒ 

(Currently reading: Percy Jackson)

Horror - The Collector (The first horror book I could think of, if it's something you are into)

1980's - The Outsiders (My favorite book of ALL TIME)

Fiction/Action-Adventure - Warrior Cats (I know I already listed that, but it fits here as well)....I can't think of any more at the moment, but I hoped this helped at least somewhat!

Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, BookLover7654 said:

It depends on what you are into, but I'll give you a few books from different genres that I really enjoy.

Fantasy - Divergent, The Hunger Games, Warrior CatsΒ 

Romance - To All The Boys I've Loved Before

Dark Romance - TwilightΒ 

(Currently reading: Percy Jackson)

Horror - The Collector (The first horror book I could think of, if it's something you are into)

1980's - The Outsiders (My favorite book of ALL TIME)

Fiction/Action-Adventure - Warrior Cats (I know I already listed that, but it fits here as well)....I can't think of any more at the moment, but I hoped this helped at least somewhat!

Oh I actually kind of readΒ  The OutsidersΒ  in school, unfornately we weren't going "fast" enough and rushed to watching the movie.Β  The book was actually pretty interesting, I was half way through book and but reading it sucked because I had to constantly state what happened and where do you thinks it's going on paper; it took all the fun of enjoying the book and what's worse I'm 99% sure that I was a quarter into the book before they made us watch the movie. Nice suggestions though, I'll try to get into some of these series.

On 7/31/2022 at 8:43 PM, Pixie_the_confused_something said:

Awh the boxcar series sounds super cute and wholesome, I'll try to get my hands on them! Thank you so much for the recommendations!

Yes, it is super wholesome :)

• 4 months later...

Β 

Β 

Some of my favoriteΒ book recommendations are:

The Castle School for Troubled Girls by Alyssa Sheinmel (Summary: Moira is sent to an experimental school in Maine to deal with her grief, and grows with her fellow classmates through sneaking out and working together (9/10))

Improbable Magic for Cynical Witches by Kate Scelsa (Summary: LGBTQ+ romance about a teen witch who uses magic and comraderie to help come to terms with her past (10/10))

That Dark Infinity by Kate Pentecost (Summary: a girl teams up with an immortal man to help him be at peace (1000/10 I literally love this book so much))

all of these books are written exceptionally well (in my opinion), very entertaining, and hard to put down. I will never stop recommending these to newer readers because of the sheer greatness of them. Hope this helps, happy reading!

Edited by emnma

Γ—
Γ—