I Sent Nude Photos of Myself On Instagram

sjsparrow23    

Hello, my name is Sam, I recently made a stupid mistake of sending nude photos of myself on Instagram to an account. They started with saying things like are you in college? What do you like to do? etc. It then took a turn to I like sexy games, have you ever played one before. I,  in my rash behavior followed along. It then led to showing a full body image of myself. In which they then threatened me with paying them money. I did not pay them anything, and am just looking for any possible advice/help. I have now blocked and restricted this account. I had also deleted my Instagram account. I contacted my local police department and Instagram about this issue.

Hey @sjsparrow23

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I'm sorry to hear that this person abused your trust. You were in the moment and enjoying yourself, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm glad to hear your local police department and Instagram both know about the issue; how did they respond? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

So the police, can't do much and I knew that when I had contacted them. But, they were supportive of me. Instagram hasn't done anything just yet. I have told some close people in my life. And they are supportive of me as well. I think this malicious person is just moving on from me and won't be contacting me again. Or use it as leverage against me. They had deleted their Instagram account and hasn't reached out to me in any other ways.

5 hours ago, sjsparrow23 said:

So the police, can't do much and I knew that when I had contacted them. But, they were supportive of me. Instagram hasn't done anything just yet. I have told some close people in my life. And they are supportive of me as well. I think this malicious person is just moving on from me and won't be contacting me again. Or use it as leverage against me. They had deleted their Instagram account and hasn't reached out to me in any other ways.

I'm sorry to hear the police can't do much, but I'm glad you reported to explore that option. It sounds like the situation has come to a close in a way which must be giving you a sense of relief. Would you like anymore support from us?

Not necessarily. This original post was made as a way to explore all of my options and to hear other opinions from other people.  I'm glad to have had support from my family to strangers. I can't say there's anything else I'd like to reach out with. Thank you for caring about my post.

On 7/31/2022 at 10:19 PM, sjsparrow23 said:

Not necessarily. This original post was made as a way to explore all of my options and to hear other opinions from other people.  I'm glad to have had support from my family to strangers. I can't say there's anything else I'd like to reach out with. Thank you for caring about my post.

You're welcome. If you'd like anymore support, you know where we are.