idk how this works but im the one complaining

cmnh Β  Β 

ok so i'm in a bit of a tight spot. unis are starting and my grades aren't exactly the best. kind of a downer since i used to be an honour student but here i am with an overall of 72.4% (CBSE education system). this year had been cursed for me. the courses i'm looking for are biomedical engineering or dentistry (pretty unrelated courses ik) only in the UK. my father likes to show off so he wants me to get into a prestigious university yet he doesn't like to spend much so that's there too:) my goal is to study in the uk at a decently known university so he can stop nagging me but with my grades, i can't afford to be picky. so my question is, do i repeat the year (knowing well that my father can change his mind within a second and make me study somewhere i'm not comfortable in) or is there another alternative? really, what i'm saying makes no sense but i'm desperate enough to make an acc in a random ass website and talk about it.

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @cmnhΒ Welcome to the Community!

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums and I wanted to send you a warm welcome. We have amazing members here in the community who often share their stories and experiences and what had/has helped them. We also have Trained Digital Mentors on hand to offer support and advice if you'd find that beneficial? I will tag them in so you know who they are and so they can reach out. @MonsoonΒ & @Aurora

If you need anything in the meantime, please feel free to reach out. 😊

• Thanks 1

Β 

Β 

20 hours ago, cmnh said:

ok so i'm in a bit of a tight spot. unis are starting and my grades aren't exactly the best. kind of a downer since i used to be an honour student but here i am with an overall of 72.4% (CBSE education system). this year had been cursed for me. the courses i'm looking for are biomedical engineering or dentistry (pretty unrelated courses ik) only in the UK. my father likes to show off so he wants me to get into a prestigious university yet he doesn't like to spend much so that's there too:) my goal is to study in the uk at a decently known university so he can stop nagging me but with my grades, i can't afford to be picky. so my question is, do i repeat the year (knowing well that my father can change his mind within a second and make me study somewhere i'm not comfortable in) or is there another alternative? really, what i'm saying makes no sense but i'm desperate enough to make an acc in a random ass website and talk about it.

Hey @cmnh

Welcome, it's good to have you here. As Daisie kindly pointed out, I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. From what you've told me so far about your situation, I noticed that you told me a lot about what your dad wants, but what do you want the most and what do you think would be the best thing to do next?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e