I need someone to talk to

Keira6!    
Go to solution Solved by Cal_The_Oyster,

I had the opportunity of a life time and my parents just threw it away, I feel angry and sad at them for not letting me sign up

13 hours ago, Athena said:

I had the opportunity of a life time and my parents just threw it away, I feel angry and sad at them for not letting me sign up

That sounds brutal, I hope that you can do something similar, the next time an opportunity arises.

19 hours ago, Athena said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling angry and sad at your parents. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about what's happened? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

i got the opportunity of a lifetime, i got the chance to join the national society of high school scholars and my parents didn't let me join, even though i have a disability doesn't mean i cant  my own decisions

Edited by Athena

11 hours ago, Athena said:

i got the opportunity of a lifetime, i got the chance to join the national society of high school scholars and my parents didn't let me join, even though i have a disability doesn't mean i cant  my own decisions

That sounds really tough for you. Did they give a reason as to why you couldn't join? What happened?

They said that there would be better opportunities down the line. we were eating dinner and when i asked my parents about joining they said no.

8 hours ago, Athena said:

They said that there would be better opportunities down the line. we were eating dinner and when i asked my parents about joining they said no.

That's a shame, I'm sorry to hear that. Have you told them how you feel about it? 

No

20 hours ago, Athena said:

No

Are you planning on opening up to them about how you're feeling around this? I think that communication is really key and it might help you process how you're feeling. What do you think?

I was but the deadline to join has already passed, And it wouldn't help anyways because i lost the invitation.

5 hours ago, Athena said:

I was but the deadline to join has already passed, And it wouldn't help anyways because i lost the invitation.

I'm sorry that you weren't able to join. I hope that it comes up again in the future and you're in a better position to be able to go for it!