I feel so lonely 😭

Chocolate chip 9909    

(I hope this is the right section for this!)

so, somebody really close to me died and like…I miss them so much. There was so much left to do. So many unfulfilled promises. And they were young…. There should have been more time. And like there r so many memories of them constantly. It’s so hard. But everyone will think it’s silly because of who they were… it feels like my worst nightmare came true. Like I lost my best friend. I feel empty and lonely. And the shouldn’t have died! And since it happened I kind of tried to keep it all inside because it hurts so much. I was so happy and it was taken away by two words. And people say to me that we can’t forget them. That I have to talk about it. That I have to visit their grave. Well it’s impossible for me to forget about them. I remember everything in extreme detail so much so that I almost want to forget… and I want to function so if I visit their grave or talk about them I’m afraid I’ll shut down with grief and won’t be able to carry on. But I don’t even know why I’m writing this. Everyone will just think I’m annoying and my feelings aren’t real, or something like that.

well If anyone has advice that would be great…

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Chocolate chip 9909 said:

so, somebody really close to me died and like…I miss them so much. There was so much left to do. So many unfulfilled promises. And they were young…. There should have been more time. And like there r so many memories of them constantly. It’s so hard. But everyone will think it’s silly because of who they were… it feels like my worst nightmare came true. Like I lost my best friend. I feel empty and lonely. And the shouldn’t have died! And since it happened I kind of tried to keep it all inside because it hurts so much. I was so happy and it was taken away by two words. And people say to me that we can’t forget them. That I have to talk about it. That I have to visit their grave. Well it’s impossible for me to forget about them. I remember everything in extreme detail so much so that I almost want to forget… and I want to function so if I visit their grave or talk about them I’m afraid I’ll shut down with grief and won’t be able to carry on. But I don’t even know why I’m writing this. Everyone will just think I’m annoying and my feelings aren’t real, or something like that.

Hi @Chocolate chip 9909, I'm Aurora, one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. Thank you for opening up about how you feel. Please know that we are here for you! I'm so sorry for your loss and I can't imagine how much this must hurt right now. Please know that we all grieve differently and that there is no right or wrong way of grieving. Some people find it really helps them to talk about their loss and visit the grave but if you don't feel ready for this then that's absolutely fine, too. Take your time and don't feel pressured into doing something you don't feel ready or you don't want to do. From what you're saying it sounds like your grief still feels very raw and you're trying to protect yourself by not talking about it. On the other hand you also want to make sure that you don't get overwhelmed by your grief and you can't just lock it away. Is that right? Do you find writing about it easier and do you think that might help you release your emotions, without them overwhelming you? 

Staff-Account.png

On 7/8/2022 at 4:27 AM, Chocolate chip 9909 said:

First, my condolences. The pain you are going through must be unimaginable and I am so sorry to hear this. We do not think you're annoying and your feelings are valid, I promise. My advice is, something like this takes time to get through, so having a caring support group around you would be great to get you through a bad time, like this. I'm here if you ever need to reach out to me, feel free :)

• Like 1

Thank you❤️
and like I feel that most people don’t feel like this, cause it happens all the time. But it haunts me. I just want to say goodbye. Or to have one last hug. I guess I just want them back. Sorry! I just can’t talk to anyone 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chocolate chip 9909 said:

Thank you❤️
and like I feel that most people don’t feel like this, cause it happens all the time. But it haunts me. I just want to say goodbye. Or to have one last hug. I guess I just want them back. Sorry! I just can’t talk to anyone 

Its okay if you can't talk to anyone- we all need time to get us through such a rough time- I understand how you feel. It's a horrible feeling :( I know how you mentioned that you can't talk to anyone, which is very understandable , just curious, have you tried?

• Like 1