Paying for the first date...

skyanidepic    

So who pays for the first date. I've heard a many mixed things... The man should pay, the woman should pay, bill should be split, the person that asked should pay as they are then "taking them out"... What are your guys' thoughts?

5 hours ago, skyanidepic said:

So who pays for the first date. I've heard a many mixed things... The man should pay, the woman should pay, bill should be split, the person that asked should pay as they are then "taking them out"... What are your guys' thoughts?

Hey there,

I don't think there are any rules, especially when it comes to gender. What do you think? I think it can be easier for the person who asked to pay, but people think differently about these things! 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 7/6/2022 at 4:06 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I don't think there are any rules, especially when it comes to gender. What do you think? I think it can be easier for the person who asked to pay, but people think differently about these things! 

Traditionally and even in most cases today, I think the man should pay. Especially if he asked her out. If you ask someone out, then you're taking them out and giving them an experience. They shouldn't have to do much other than show up and join along for the experience. That being said, if a girl asks a guy out, then she should pay.

On 7/6/2022 at 12:09 PM, skyanidepic said:

I honestly think it really depends on who the people are. Some prefer to pay for others. I think the more masculine one or the man paying is stereotypical LOL. I don't really  think it matters as long as both partners make agreements and are satisfied. according to most people though, I think generally the man pays on the first date? yeah, I'm not too invested in this topic because there are many possibilities, just depends on the situation.

3 hours ago, skyanidepic said:

Traditionally and even in most cases today, I think the man should pay. Especially if he asked her out. If you ask someone out, then you're taking them out and giving them an experience. They shouldn't have to do much other than show up and join along for the experience. That being said, if a girl asks a guy out, then she should pay.

that makes more sense.

15 hours ago, skyanidepic said:

Maybe use that as your guiding principle then; for the person who asks the other out, they should pay. What do you think? 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e