How do I prove I won't change?

urfavekpopstan ! Β  Β 

Hello, my name is Maha. I am an opened lesbian. I think my parents caught up to it and know I'm a lesbian. They know but are in denial themselves just like how I am denying to them that I am one. It's really hard to deny this because people say I look like a "stereotypical lesbian" because I'm masculine. My parents reached out to my aunt and she is recommending conversion therapy, like that's going to work?! how do I let my homophobic parents know I won't change? at the same time I dont want to come out to them because I have the fear of being disowned, but I don't want to attend ant sort of conversion therapy :(

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @mxhaxnaeemΒ Welcome to the Community! πŸ‘‹πŸ»

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums, and I wanted to stop by and give you a warm welcome. I wondered if you’d like to chat things through with our Trained Digital Mentors? I will tag them in so you know who they are and so they can reach out to you. @MonsoonΒ & @Aurora 😊

Whilst we have our lovely Digital Trained Mentors, we also have an amazing Community with members who share their stories and experiences, how they dealt with them, or what had helped.Β 
If you need anything in the meantime, please just give me a shout! 😊

Β 

Β 

13 hours ago, mxhaxnaeem said:

Hello, my name is Maha. I am an opened lesbian. I think my parents caught up to it and know I'm a lesbian. They know but are in denial themselves just like how I am denying to them that I am one. It's really hard to deny this because people say I look like a "stereotypical lesbian" because I'm masculine. My parents reached out to my aunt and she is recommending conversion therapy, like that's going to work?! how do I let my homophobic parents know I won't change? at the same time I dont want to come out to them because I have the fear of being disowned, but I don't want to attend ant sort of conversion therapy :(

Hey there,

I just want you to know that I've sent you a message about this. Take care and speak soon.Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e