This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness, Sex

Lost and shattered

vega    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I don't know if anyone feels this way but:

Somedays it is good, everything seems right. And then it changes. And everything seems broken. Nothing feels right and everyone seems to be watching me. This feeling has got more intense as the rumors grow more severe. Am I ok to feel like this or is this some disorder or something? How do I stop feeling like this?

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

20 hours ago, vega said:

I don't know if anyone feels this way but:

Somedays it is good, everything seems right. And then it changes. And everything seems broken. Nothing feels right and everyone seems to be watching me. This feeling has got more intense as the rumors grow more severe. Am I ok to feel like this or is this some disorder or something? How do I stop feeling like this?

Hi @vega, I’m Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. Thank you for letting us know how you feel. When you say that it feels like everyone is watching you, is that just at school or do you get that feeling at home or anywhere else as well? From what you are saying, it sounds like that feeling of being watched might be linked to the rumours that are going round. Do you feel comfortable telling me a bit more about the rumours?

Staff-Account.png

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness, Sex

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi @vega, I’m Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. Thank you for letting us know how you feel. When you say that it feels like everyone is watching you, is that just at school or do you get that feeling at home or anywhere else as well? From what you are saying, it sounds like that feeling of being watched might be linked to the rumours that are going round. Do you feel comfortable telling me a bit more about the rumours?

Just at school. As foe the rumors, where to start? Some started calling me and my friends furries and now even the 1st graders call us that. They say that my one friend kills people and assumes my straight friends are lesbian. There is also a rumor that we all have, you know, together. It is so annoying and makes some days unbearable.

• Digital Mentor

On 6/22/2022 at 4:43 PM, vega said:

Just at school. As foe the rumors, where to start? Some started calling me and my friends furries and now even the 1st graders call us that. They say that my one friend kills people and assumes my straight friends are lesbian. There is also a rumor that we all have, you know, together. It is so annoying and makes some days unbearable.

Thank you for telling me about the rumours. I’m really sorry you’re going through this. It sounds to me like you and your friends are being bullied at school and that is not OK. Please know that you are not alone. There are a lot of people here at Ditch the Label, who have experienced bullying and we’ve found that the most powerful thing you can do is tell someone. Have you and your friends spoken to someone about what is going on? If not how do you feel about telling someone - maybe your parents or someone at school (this could be a teacher, the school nurse or anyone else you trust)? 

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

Thank you for telling me about the rumours. I’m really sorry you’re going through this. It sounds to me like you and your friends are being bullied at school and that is not OK. Please know that you are not alone. There are a lot of people here at Ditch the Label, who have experienced bullying and we’ve found that the most powerful thing you can do is tell someone. Have you and your friends spoken to someone about what is going on? If not how do you feel about telling someone - maybe your parents or someone at school (this could be a teacher, the school nurse or anyone else you trust)? 

We have, as much as we could. No body dose anything.

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor

On 6/24/2022 at 8:39 PM, vega said:

We have, as much as we could. No body dose anything.

I'm sorry to hear that - how frustrating! Can I ask, who you've told? Also, are your parents aware? Sometimes it can help, if they speak to the school. 

Staff-Account.png

My parents are aware. They got me to speak to my teacher about this. Other than that, nada

• Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, vega said:

My parents are aware. They got me to speak to my teacher about this. Other than that, nada

Did your parents go with you when you told the teacher? If not, do you think they would be willing to talk to someone in the school? Maybe someone else and not your teacher, if your teacher didn't do anything. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

My parents did not come, and it is too close to the end for anyone to care . It is the last day

• Digital Mentor

I'm really sorry that you had to go through this and that it felt like no one cares. Please know that we care and we are here for you. How are you feeling, now that it's the last day? 

Staff-Account.png

I felt amazing, no more of those jerks (sorry) until next year

• Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, vega said:

I felt amazing, no more of those jerks (sorry) until next year

Great to hear that you're feeling much better now you don't have to worry about them for a while 🙂. Would you like to think about what could be put in place when schools starts up again? Just to make sure that this bullying behaviour doesn't continue. You don't have to think about it now if you don't want to but please know that we are here if you. And maybe this is something we can think about together towards the end of the holidays? 

Staff-Account.png

ok, I'll revist this near the end. We still have my cousler but she only comes occasionally

• Digital Mentor
On 7/1/2022 at 7:35 PM, vega said:

ok, I'll revist this near the end. We still have my cousler but she only comes occasionally

Is that a counsellor at school? Have you found their support useful?

We are here for you and we can definitely revisit before you go back to school if you like. In the meantime, enjoy your holidays 😀 and give us a shout if you need help with anything else. 

Staff-Account.png

it is at school, not there enought to be usefull, but i understand she has other things to do