Should i talk to her?

Gremlin Β  Β 

In school I have this acquaintance I suppose is the right word??( old class mate but you sometiems talk in the hald) In school that makes me nervous around them. I supose it all started when she found out i was dateing her ex. (Which remembered when she found out) When she confronted me about i was a bit shocked and didnt really know what to say. But when I was studdering on my works she said "good luck" and walked away.Β  After that my BF told me that they are not good terms,Β  im not really sure what happened but I decided not to ask sence it doesn't involve me.

I was a bit avoiden of her, until I tryed to make an effor to say hi to her in the halls. But that didn't last long because, i could tell she was only saying hi back to be polite not because she actually wanted too. To me tenstion has been building up and up. I feel bad about it tho because i dont like it when people have grudges agents me, I dont want to creat extra tension for not reason.Β Β 

But one thing i relize in hight school especially is that not everyone want to be friends with me, some people are just not goimg to like me even if im nice to them. Im not asking her for us to be bust friends or anything. I just dont want to make a enemy.Β 

Anyone have any ideas?

-Gremlin

Β 

Hey there,

This sounds pretty uncomfortable for you which is understandable and it can be hard to experience a situation where you feel tension is building. From my perspective, it sounds like rather than not liking you, it might be more that she doesn't like that you're going out with her ex, so it might be more of a dislike of the situation rather than you specifically; what do you think?Β 

• Thanks 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hello! @Monsoon

Ok so, I see your point with her being upset with situation more then me personally. But im lost on how that would make her resentful. Now correct me if im wrong, when you normal break up with someone its because both people in the relationships believe that things will not work out. Then they kinda go there Separate ways and they find someone new! And thats what happened. SHE got a GL and her ex (which is my bf) has me. My BF didn't make a big deal about her better a GL, but when he did then see got offended.

Thats were in get confused ...and on top of that! Apparently theres thus thing, where I see in movies where you are not allowed to date your friends ex. (Because I think it cases drama and make the friend upset)Β  BUT I WASNT EVEN REALLY FREINDS WITH HER, MORE OF ACQUIESCES! Is there something im missing??

-GremlinΒ 

Β 

Hey there,

I think that relationships end in many different ways, and it might be for her that she didn't want things to come to an end, and she may still have feelings for him which could explain her current behaviour. What do you think?Β 

O-oh I nerver thought about it like that be for, but that would make a lot mores sence. 0-0

Will if that's the case if feel like I shouldn't do any by reaching out just yet. I feel like lettingt things take ots corse. I will giver saying hi to her in the hallways a try again. Oh! I could also try to like some of her posts on insta when is see them. Because i know that she wasnt always so cold be for, so mabey if i make tiny efforts here and there it can mabey make things better.Β 

Does this sound like a good idea?

Ps. Thank you so much for all of your advice it had helped me so much T-T πŸ’›

Β 

On 6/19/2022 at 12:23 PM, Gremlin said:

O-oh I nerver thought about it like that be for, but that would make a lot mores sence. 0-0

Will if that's the case if feel like I shouldn't do any by reaching out just yet. I feel like lettingt things take ots corse. I will giver saying hi to her in the hallways a try again. Oh! I could also try to like some of her posts on insta when is see them. Because i know that she wasnt always so cold be for, so mabey if i make tiny efforts here and there it can mabey make things better.Β 

Does this sound like a good idea?

Ps. Thank you so much for all of your advice it had helped me so much T-T πŸ’›

Hey there,

I think it could be good to give her some space, yeah, but also, it sounds like it might helpful for you to talk things through as well. What do you think of that?

I think i will give her space for the time being and maybe later on i can try to make conversation again in tiny ways.

5 hours ago, Gremlin said:

I think i will give her space for the time being and maybe later on i can try to make conversation again in tiny ways.

Hey,

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Would you like anymore support with this, or are you all good now?Β