This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

$h and bathing suites

Gremlin    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

The summer is in full swing and my family and i are on summer vacation and i know that involves beaches and pool. Whic makes me really  self-counches about my body and $h scares, i have some swimming shorts to ware with some of my bathing suites but the ones i have arent the most flattering. I was  really have pretty bathing suites i was hoping to wear this summer but every time i try them on in the stores like a child when i try to were certain bathing suite on. It doesnt help either that id didn´t really fill out yet in the top and i dont really think i will sence im already 15 i̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶   I suppose its all just a mix of emotions that are bring me down. 

19 hours ago, Gremlin said:

The summer is in full swing and my family and i are on summer vacation and i know that involves beaches and pool. Whic makes me really  self-counches about my body and $h scares, i have some swimming shorts to ware with some of my bathing suites but the ones i have arent the most flattering. I was  really have pretty bathing suites i was hoping to wear this summer but every time i try them on in the stores like a child when i try to were certain bathing suite on. It doesnt help either that id didn´t really fill out yet in the top and i dont really think i will sence im already 15 i̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶   I suppose its all just a mix of emotions that are bring me down. 

Hey @Gremlin

I can really sense that you've got a mix of emotions right now about the bathing suites, and I'm wondering, what would you say those emotions are? I can definitely sense some potential worry/anxiety from what you've said. Also, I'm wondering, can you tell me more about what you mean when you say the bathing suits you have aren't the most flattering?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

You are right about have mixed emotions. 

But to answer your question for emotion, i feel is disappointment within myself. For seeing my $c@r$ and the remembering a flashback for each one. Knowing that i can't really be completely confident in my own skin.  Seeing my parents faces drop for a moment when they see my $c@r$, and i suppose it just adds another insecurity for how unflattering i look in my bathing suites, and other certain clothing wear. I hope i kinda answered your question, im sorry if i made it more confusing

Hey there,

No need to apologise; you answered my question perfectly and have given me more of an insight into how you're feeling at the moment. I can definitely sense that you're feeling quite down about yourself, more-so around your appearance. I'm wondering, if you could send a message your younger self before you self-harmed, what would you say? 

Hmm mabey a short message saying :" Dont stress, and be to hard on yourself, know that skills take time to develop. "

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 8:08 PM, Gremlin said:

Hmm mabey a short message saying :" Dont stress, and be to hard on yourself, know that skills take time to develop. "

Hey,

Exactly, these skills do take a while to develop, and it's really easy to become frustrated with yourself when you feel like you aren't where you want to be. I'm wondering, can you tell me three things you like about yourself? This can be absolutely anything, such as your skills, appearance, what other people like about you, all that kind of stuff. I look forward to hearing them :) 

Three things, could be how im a good team player for all the sports in do at school. How say hi to people in the hallway even if they don't say hi back, and how I put a lot of efforn into te playlist for people.

9 hours ago, Gremlin said:

Three things, could be how im a good team player for all the sports in do at school. How say hi to people in the hallway even if they don't say hi back, and how I put a lot of efforn into te playlist for people.

Hey  there,

They are really good things; thanks for sharing :)

Also, I'm wondering, who are you closest to at the moment and what would they say they like about you?