Why do people get angry when..

prolific05    

why do people get angry when someone threatens or hit on one of their close friends or family members?

Every time they find out that someone threaten or hit on one of their close friend or family member, they would tell the person not to talk to them ever again.

Hitting on and threatening their close friends and family members has nothing to do with them talking to people

Hey PROLIFIC05,

Thanks for coming to Community with this. I cannot tell you how many times people have said such a thing to me. A lot of my friends have a crush on my cousin, and it can be uncomfortable to listen to as I obviously don't see them like that! I guess that people get so protective because your close friends and family mean a lot to you, and it can be taken as disrespectful for someone to say that they want to hit on them. However, these people may just be doing it to see your reaction, so it's best to try not to rise to it when it happens.

Also, can I ask, is this currently happening to you?

I hope this helps! I look forward to hearing back from you.

-Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Thanks for your reply!

From your message, it sounds like you no longer hit people which is great. It can sometimes be hard to stop ourselves from responding out of anger, but it sounds like you're doing a great job.

As I said earlier, the most important thing is to not give them the reaction they want - they probably just want to tease you!

Sending positive vibes -Monsoon :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e