Jump to content

Sexuality crisis


Recommended Posts

I've been soooo confused lately. It's like one minute I know exactly who I love (my ex) what gender I prefer (girls) but then this freaking boy comes into my life and I'm panicking. I know I definitely like girls but I have no idea if I like boys. The boy I think I like is nice and it's like one second I really like him and the other I hate him. I honestly thought I knew what my sexuality is. It would be very helpful if I could get som advice :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, Sunny_ said:

I've been soooo confused lately. It's like one minute I know exactly who I love (my ex) what gender I prefer (girls) but then this freaking boy comes into my life and I'm panicking. I know I definitely like girls but I have no idea if I like boys. The boy I think I like is nice and it's like one second I really like him and the other I hate him. I honestly thought I knew what my sexuality is. It would be very helpful if I could get som advice :)

Hey there, I’m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

A lot of people find they can be very fluid in their attractions.

What is it you like about him? And is the attraction physical or romantic or both?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, I'm feeling the exact same way! My whole life I've always liked guys (I'm a girl) but recently I've been really into girls. I feel really confused and I have no idea what I want; it's really scary sometimes and I don't always know what to do. I still think I like guys but lately, I've been really open to exploring other genders aside from just boys. It's very confusing and very weird all at the same time, even harder knowing that if I embark on this journey and actually try to figure myself out I'll lose most of my family. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well if anything bad happens you can always contact me if you've got no one else to go to, it's really brave of you telling this to a complete stranger and that you're open with exploring other genders. I think if you introduce the community first to them and slowly start giving hints you're not straight they'd support you :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2022 at 9:12 PM, Blondie said:

Hey there, I’m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

A lot of people find they can be very fluid in their attractions.

What is it you like about him? And is the attraction physical or romantic or both?

Lol going right in! He's really nice to the people he cares about and is VERY funny and most of the time we get a long but sometimes he gets on my nerves. Like today I had what might've been small to him but it was definitely big for me. Today at lunch time we were all playing tag and there was this boy playing with us and he spanked the boy I like, that's the problem with my school, ALL boys spank each other and certainly don't know when to stop (they don't spank the girls, but personally I don't think you should be spanking people without their consent and at SCHOOL) the boy I like hates it when people do that so he told him to stop and kicked him (violence isn't the solution or answer kids (unless you're in danger and need to use self defence)) the boy who spanked him grabbed his leg and practically threw him to the ground, so then the boy i like ended up crying cause he was in a lot of pain AND hates it when people spank him. I then sat by him and asked how much it hurt and if he needed to go to the nurse stuff like that. I got butterflies when he only answered to me and no one else (definitely didn't tell them to shut up and move away from the boy I like and give him space) the guy who spanked him tried to talk to him but not to apologise and the guy I like told him to go away (except in a more explicit language I shall not put down because I don't wanna get in trouble) so yeah that was the highlight of my day 👍. He's also really creative and is fun to be around with. I think I like him both ways? I don't know, I am VERY confused

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Sunny_ said:

Lol going right in! He's really nice to the people he cares about and is VERY funny and most of the time we get a long but sometimes he gets on my nerves. Like today I had what might've been small to him but it was definitely big for me. Today at lunch time we were all playing tag and there was this boy playing with us and he spanked the boy I like, that's the problem with my school, ALL boys spank each other and certainly don't know when to stop (they don't spank the girls, but personally I don't think you should be spanking people without their consent and at SCHOOL) the boy I like hates it when people do that so he told him to stop and kicked him (violence isn't the solution or answer kids (unless you're in danger and need to use self defence)) the boy who spanked him grabbed his leg and practically threw him to the ground, so then the boy i like ended up crying cause he was in a lot of pain AND hates it when people spank him. I then sat by him and asked how much it hurt and if he needed to go to the nurse stuff like that. I got butterflies when he only answered to me and no one else (definitely didn't tell them to shut up and move away from the boy I like and give him space) the guy who spanked him tried to talk to him but not to apologise and the guy I like told him to go away (except in a more explicit language I shall not put down because I don't wanna get in trouble) so yeah that was the highlight of my day 👍. He's also really creative and is fun to be around with. I think I like him both ways? I don't know, I am VERY confused

Thanks so much for clarifying. It sounds to me like you may well be attracted to them (as you say), especially as you mentioned having butterflies.  And as I said it's completely normal to be fluid throughout our life in who we find attractive. 

You say you're confused - is there something in particular that is worrying you? I realise this may be a surprise, if you have only ever been same sex attracted but do you think this is a positive thing that you are open to attractions to other genders? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t be able to say if you really love the boy or not because that’s up for you to realise, but I would just like to add that you don’t have to feel pressured into using another sexuality label because you suddenly felt attraction to someone outside of your label (assuming you use one).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Blondie said:

Thanks so much for clarifying. It sounds to me like you may well be attracted to them (as you say), especially as you mentioned having butterflies.  And as I said it's completely normal to be fluid throughout our life in who we find attractive. 

You say you're confused - is there something in particular that is worrying you? I realise this may be a surprise, if you have only ever been same sex attracted but do you think this is a positive thing that you are open to attractions to other genders? 

When I was younger I liked boys and I'd sometimes have a crush on girl but for the past couple years maybe 5 I've only liked girls so I'm thinking that I'm not used to liking boys that much anymore? I think it's perfectly fine I like other genders, probably because there aren't any girls I know in my year that are lesbian or bi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Ryebread said:

I wouldn’t be able to say if you really love the boy or not because that’s up for you to realise, but I would just like to add that you don’t have to feel pressured into using another sexuality label because you suddenly felt attraction to someone outside of your label (assuming you use one).

Ok thanks :), I think I do love I don't know...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
4 hours ago, Sunny_ said:

When I was younger I liked boys and I'd sometimes have a crush on girl but for the past couple years maybe 5 I've only liked girls so I'm thinking that I'm not used to liking boys that much anymore? I think it's perfectly fine I like other genders, probably because there aren't any girls I know in my year that are lesbian or bi

I think it sounds like such a positive thing that you are open to connections with people based on them rather then their gender 😊

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 10:23 PM, Blondie said:

I think it sounds like such a positive thing that you are open to connections with people based on them rather then their gender 😊thank you

On 6/8/2022 at 10:23 PM, Blondie said:

I think it sounds like such a positive thing that you are open to connections with people based on them rather then their gender 😊

Thank you :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...