I have a test on maths (university course) on Monday which counts 5.5% of my final mark and I feel like I am going to fail and I am in a bad headspace about it. What can I do to help?

AnonomousPerson ย  ย 

I am not necessarily worried about failing but rather the feeling of lostness when I look at a question and don't know what to do, how can I deal with this and lose this fear of failure?

• Ditch the Label Staff
47 minutes ago, AnonomousPerson said:

I am not necessarily worried about failing but rather the feeling of lostness when I look at a question and don't know what to do, how can I deal with this and lose this fear of failure?

Hi, Iโ€™m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

I think weโ€™re raised without ever really helping us to deal with failure in any form, when actually itโ€™s a very normal part of life.

With your revision, a good thing I find to use is the flash card type where there are bullet points on, Go through these but take regular breaks.

When it comes to sitting the test, remind yourself that youโ€™ve prepared and that you can do your best. Read each question twice and donโ€™t be afraid to leave questions, continue with the test and then go back to them a little later.

Im going to share some resources with you that should help.

You've got this!

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff