I'm scared and don't know what to do

VIVIEN_ Β  Β 

Um, so, I have been writing a story were the main character is gay. And just today my homophobic mom read the first chapter. She had to go somewhere and told me we'll talk about it later. I know she'll take every device I have. My sister says my mom will probably tell my dad. And that really scares me. He's never been nice or fatherly to me or anyone. And he's a lot more mean them my mom. I don't know what to do. I'm just waiting here for my punishment. They'll be here in 30min. I really wish I wasn't so careless.Β 

• Ditch the Label Staff
10 hours ago, VIVIEN_ said:

Um, so, I have been writing a story were the main character is gay. And just today my homophobic mom read the first chapter. She had to go somewhere and told me we'll talk about it later. I know she'll take every device I have. My sister says my mom will probably tell my dad. And that really scares me. He's never been nice or fatherly to me or anyone. And he's a lot more mean them my mom. I don't know what to do. I'm just waiting here for my punishment. They'll be here in 30min. I really wish I wasn't so careless.Β 

Hey there, you’re not at fault here! It’s other peoples attitudes that need to change.

What happened when your mom came home?

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hey there, you’re not at fault here! It’s other peoples attitudes that need to change.

What happened when your mom came home?

Nothing. She didn't say anything. I think waiting for her to say something is worse then getting a punishment.Β 

• Ditch the Label Staff
3 hours ago, VIVIEN_ said:

Nothing. She didn't say anything. I think waiting for her to say something is worse then getting a punishment.Β 

Yes, it just leaves it hanging in the air.

Could you raise it with her?

Staff-Account.png

No, I'm too scared to bring it up.

• Ditch the Label Staff
9 hours ago, VIVIEN_ said:

No, I'm too scared to bring it up.

I understand. Let us know how things go - we’re here for you.

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 6:56 PM, Nicky_nellie said:

Maybe your mom is trying to ignore that she made a mistake like that, did she find the story or did you show it to her?

She found it.

• Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great, now my dad found it. So I put it in my folder for my stories. Now everyone knows not to open the folder and read it and if they don't know it says on the folder "don't read private." Yesterday the folder went missing and I found it in the reading room my dad always uses at night. I was 90% sure he read it until today. He went to my room and asked how my stories were doing. I already thought of the possibility that he just wanted to know how they were doing. But it can't be a coincidence that the folder goes missing at night then found where he reads at night then the next day he asks about my stories. He is the only one who never knew I supported LGBTQ+. And he too isn't saying anything about it.

42 minutes ago, VIVIEN_ said:

Great, now my dad found it. So I put it in my folder for my stories. Now everyone knows not to open the folder and read it and if they don't know it says on the folder "don't read private." Yesterday the folder went missing and I found it in the reading room my dad always uses at night. I was 90% sure he read it until today. He went to my room and asked how my stories were doing. I already thought of the possibility that he just wanted to know how they were doing. But it can't be a coincidence that the folder goes missing at night then found where he reads at night then the next day he asks about my stories. He is the only one who never knew I supported LGBTQ+. And he too isn't saying anything about it.

Hey,

It's interesting that he hasn't said anything about it; what do you think that means?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

26 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

It's interesting that he hasn't said anything about it; what do you think that means?Β 

I really don't know

Do you think he might be okay with it? Also, I saw what you said about him being mean; can you tell me more about that?Β 

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Do you think he might be okay with it? Also, I saw what you said about him being mean; can you tell me more about that?Β 

Absolutely not, he's the most homophobic person in my family. Well, he used to always yell and say really mean things to us. And pick fights with my mom. He doesn't do it as much now but he still scares me.

I'm sorry to hear that he still scares you; what is it like for you, living with someone you're scared with?Β 

9 hours ago, Monsoon said:

I'm sorry to hear that he still scares you; what is it like for you, living with someone you're scared with?Β 

It's fine he's not here a lot cause of work, but when he is I just avoid him.

Hey,

Yeah, it must be really strange for you having to avoid him to reduce the fear. Home should be a place where we feel comfortable and secure, and not having that can be pretty unsettling for anyone which is a completely valid and normal response.Β 

I'm wondering, has he said anything yet?

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Yeah, it must be really strange for you having to avoid him to reduce the fear. Home should be a place where we feel comfortable and secure, and not having that can be pretty unsettling for anyone which is a completely valid and normal response.Β 

I'm wondering, has he said anything yet?

No. I don't think he will cause my mom hasn't said anything either. It's really confusing me.

3 hours ago, VIVIEN_ said:

No. I don't think he will cause my mom hasn't said anything either. It's really confusing me.

Do you think he might be alright with it perhaps?Β 

14 hours ago, VIVIEN_ said:

I don't know, I hope so.

I think the best thing now might be to just go with the flow and see if it comes up; what do you think?Β 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

I think the best thing now might be to just go with the flow and see if it comes up; what do you think?Β 

Yeah, I'll do that.

• Like 1