I'm in a romantic relationship thats not romantic

Emma W ย  ย 
Go to solution Solved by Blondie,

Hello,

I'm Emma and for the past year, I've had a crush on my best friend.ย ๐Ÿ™„ย I asked her out and was so excited to be aeble to hold hands and kiss and be all romantic but none of that seemd to be happening. I plan out how I'm gonna hold her hand and play it through my head but when i try, I mess it upย :(ย ย We've been going out since the beginning of february now but I'm starting to wonder wether she actualy wants to date any more.

Advice?

ps im dyslexic

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @Emma Wย Welcome to the community!

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums and I just wanted to send you a warm welcome. We do have Trained Mentors on hand to give support and advice, I'll tag them in so you know who they are @Monsoonย & @Blondie.

The users in our community are also helpful and supportive so hopefully you may see one or two share similar stories and what helped them.ย 

Look forward to seeing you around!ย ๐Ÿ˜€

• Thanks 1

ย 

ย 

12 hours ago, Emma W said:

Hello,

I'm Emma and for the past year, I've had a crush on my best friend.ย ๐Ÿ™„ย I asked her out and was so excited to be aeble to hold hands and kiss and be all romantic but none of that seemd to be happening. I plan out how I'm gonna hold her hand and play it through my head but when i try, I mess it upย :(ย ย We've been going out since the beginning of february now but I'm starting to wonder wether she actualy wants to date any more.

Advice?

ps im dyslexic

Hey Emma,

Welcome :)

I'm sorry to hear you're wondering whether she actually wants to date at the moment. That kind of uncertainty and confusion can be really unsettling, especially when it's around someone you care a lot about.

I'm thinking, have you spoken to her about how you feel yet? If so, how did it go?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Emma,

Welcome :)

I'm sorry to hear you're wondering whether she actually wants to date at the moment. That kind of uncertainty and confusion can be really unsettling, especially when it's around someone you care a lot about.

I'm thinking, have you spoken to her about how you feel yet? If so, how did it go?

Hi

thanks for the reply, weโ€™ve talked about being romantic but still nothings happeningย 

Ahh, okay. Can I ask, how did the conversation go? What was said and did you come to any kind of agreement?ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• Ditch the Label Staff
14 hours ago, Emma W said:

We agreed to become more romantic but nothing happened

Hi Emma, I'm wondering if you have tried to initiate anything romantic? It could be that she may be a little nervous as to how to start things. Could you try something like holding hands for example?ย 

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
24 minutes ago, Emma W said:

I mean Iโ€™ve tried. It doesnโ€™t last very long

Sometimes between couples one person can tend to be the one that will initiate and it might be that you will need to lead on this for a while until it becomes more equal. When you are romantic together do you think she's comfortable with it? I'm just thinking that some people will avoid PDA for example.ย 

ย 

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
  • Solution
3 hours ago, Emma W said:

I think itโ€™s just sometimes a bit wierd since itโ€™s not what weโ€™re used to

thanks for the help everyoneย 

Got it. Maybe a little at a time until it begins to feel more natural to you both.

Staff-Account.png