I need advice

Somedude ย  ย 

I have a crush on my best friend who is the same gender as me. I donโ€™t get attracted to many people of the same gender it is very few of them only whom I might know. I do not get attracted to people of the opposite sex but when I think about being in a relation ship I mainly think of the opposite sex. I am very confused to what my sexuality is and need advice.

8 hours ago, Somedude said:

I have a crush on my best friend who is the same gender as me. I donโ€™t get attracted to many people of the same gender it is very few of them only whom I might know. I do not get attracted to people of the opposite sex but when I think about being in a relation ship I mainly think of the opposite sex. I am very confused to what my sexuality is and need advice.

Hey there,

Welcome. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us :)

Thank you for sharing this with us. Sexuality can be so confusing, and it can take a while to figure out, but just remember, it wont always be like this, and it will get better for you, it might just take a while. I'm wondering, do you want a label at the moment, or are you happy to go with the flow and see where you end up with your sexuality further down the line?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

23 hours ago, Somedude said:

I would like a label at the moment.

Hey there,

Okay, that's totally understandable. I'm wondering then, what do you think needs to happen for you to understand your sexuality more? What do you need to do that you might not have done yet?ย 

I'm thinking maybe I should test out my sexuality more which is something I haven't done yet; I told my best friend that I have a crush on him and apparently, he also likes me so I guess I will go from there.

Hey there,

Thatโ€™s exciting - how are you feeling about that? Also, would you like any more support for now, or are you good?ย 

I am feeling good about it, we are both on the sane page and he is also figuring out his sexuality so hopefully something good will come out of this for the both of us. And I am good, I appreciate the help.

• Like 1

Good luck with everything! If you'd like anymore support, you know where we are.ย