Coming out

Miki B    

I have a date with this girl that I really like. I have came out to my mom, but she said I have to tell my dad if I want to go on this date. My dad is very homophobic and believes that all lgbt people should die. I am afraid he will hate me. Most of all I am afraid he will not let me see this girl. I really like her and I would love to go out with her, but I just don't know how to come out to my dad.

8 hours ago, Miki B said:

I have a date with this girl that I really like. I have came out to my mom, but she said I have to tell my dad if I want to go on this date. My dad is very homophobic and believes that all lgbt people should die. I am afraid he will hate me. Most of all I am afraid he will not let me see this girl. I really like her and I would love to go out with her, but I just don't know how to come out to my dad.

Hey there,

I'm wondering, is it safe to tell your dad? How do you think he will react? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

It's really great to hear that your mom supports you fully! That's one pillar of support to rely on when things get tough. I'm sorry to hear that your dad is homophobic... just in case, do you have any friends who are a part of the lgbtq community? If so, does your dad know about them, and how does he react towards them? Maybe his reaction towards some close friends you have who are a part of the community could give you an idea on how he might react if you came out to him.